Thread: Fuelling message not recognised properly

Exclamation Fuelling message not recognised properly

My CC has been failing to recognise some of my fuelling commands in iRacing. This began in test sessions a few weeks ago - some of the commands wouldn't be recognised at all (CC would recognise an input, but return the "I can't hear you" message), while others would be processed as #cleartires. I thought this was maybe due to the session type, so I ignored it at the time, especially as fuelling messages in race sessions were being recognised normally and correctly, at least after several attempts.

The issue then resurfaced on Saturday in a race session. It can be seen/heard in this recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9glGoszj24Y of my stream, at 42:28 - I attempted four messages of "Pitstop add 28 litres", with the "I can't hear you" message returned in response. I had to manually check the fuelling box in in-game controls at the last moment, with a resulting overfill.

Is this a known issue, and could it be caused by CC setting or something on my end (mic input level too low, etc)? I haven't yet encountered this problem with other messages, only with fuelling commands.
    Last edited by Tornik; 19-04-2018 at 12:40.

I had further issues with CC in my next race today. I requested "Pitstop clear all" on the grid, which was recognised and successfully processed by the software, however when I pitted, my tyres were still replaced, costing me about 10 positions. Remembering now, there was no '#clear' message displayed in-sim, so I guess this means CC has issues relaying commands to iRacing?

Also, if I want to test whether these and other commands are working, should a practice session work for this, or actual race sessions only?
    Last edited by Tornik; 07-04-2018 at 18:24.

The issue has been resolved after yesterday's CrewChief update. Thank you!

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I am having a similar issue using CC and iRacing.

CC will hear almost every command except for anything related to fuel.
    It used to be intermittent but over the past 3 weeks or so, it is nearly every session it is not getting any data from iRacing related to fuel. This is both before and after the latest update.

It either says "we dont have that data", "not enough data" to any fuel command or just goes "ah mate I cant hear you"
    Even when I ask for a full update or status update, it gives me everything except for anything to do with fuel (level/consumption/average/etc).

Little frustrating as this is the primary reason I use CC.

Any ideas?

Did you try mapping button to request fuel status, does that work?

Also, what vehicle and track is that?

There were no changes around fuel stuff recently, and I am getting fuel info in Skip Barber successfully, so I am stumbled.

Just tried assigning a button and it gives me no more information than "we have loads of fuel", which isnt helpful.

This is in both the BMW and Audi GT3, has occurred on almost every track I have tried lately (Monza, Spa, Donnington, Sebring) in both open practice and races.

CC will hear almost every command except for anything related to fuel.
    This is similar to what I had been experiencing pre-update. In the video I linked in the OP, the "pitstop clear all" message was successfully recognised and processed by CC when I was on grid before start, but the fuelling message before pitstop was not.

I guess if nothing related to this was changed with the update, then the issue must have been fixed for me for some other reason. It's unfortunate it still persists for you.

Gave it another try today. Went into a public practice server, which had a time limit (as opposed to private testing which is infinite time) in the hope that would stop some of the "we dont have that data" messages.
    This helped as it would actually give me data for fuel (when pressing mapped button). This was good to find out.

Then went and used it in an official GT3 race.
    I could get fuel data with the mapped button, but whenever I asked for commands or info after about 3 or 4 commands it could no longer recognise any of my voice requests. This was less than ideal for requesting my refuel level but luckily I had a button on my button box mapped for a sensible fuel load to use.

I suspect most of my issues now must be with voice recognition as it seems to be getting worse. I have the correct en-GB and driver software installed and my headset (and microfone for it) is brand new... may need to do some more investigation.

I also had this issue reappear randomly in an open practice. In a race before it the 'pitstop clear all' and 'pitstop add X litres' worked perfectly. Then in the practice session, neither worked. No in-sim chat command appeared (which indicates that the command has been acknowledged by the sim) and the changes were not processed. The CC response was 'Understood' for both commands, so it's somewhere between the app and iRacing that this becomes a problem I think.

Edit: Just tried closing and relaunching (with admin rights) CC while an iRacing session was running, and after CC was restarted commands were successfully processed. So maybe the combination of admin rights and starting CC after a session in the sim is a workaround.
    Last edited by Tornik; 22-04-2018 at 16:30.

I can confirm, that fuel info and calculation does not work in private/offline practice session. One needs to be in open practice or race to make fuel info work