Thread: Spotter doesn't work in rFactor 2

Spotter doesn't work in rFactor 2

Hello,
    I wanted to use CrewChief on rFactor 2 and today I tested it out. I followed every step of the tutorials while setting up CC on rFactor 2. I tested it out on single player races and every information-message is working but the spotter function is not. And yes I have checked the "Enable Spotter" box in the properties. I also tried to manually install the plugin for rFactor 2. But when pasting it into the folder, It first asks me for administration rights, but after I hit "continue with administration rights"* an error appears that says "rights are missing"*
    I hope someone can help me to fix this problem
    Thanks in advance

* translated from German ;D

Quote Originally Posted by VSR Noah View Post
    Hello,
    I wanted to use CrewChief on rFactor 2 and today I tested it out. I followed every step of the tutorials while setting up CC on rFactor 2. I tested it out on single player races and every information-message is working but the spotter function is not. And yes I have checked the "Enable Spotter" box in the properties. I also tried to manually install the plugin for rFactor 2. But when pasting it into the folder, It first asks me for administration rights, but after I hit "continue with administration rights"* an error appears that says "rights are missing"*
    I hope someone can help me to fix this problem
    Thanks in advance

* translated from German ;D
    Hello,
    Have you enabled "Realistic mode"? If you did, CC will not spot unless you race oval race, because obviously, there's no spotting in DTM or F1, for example Disable "Realistic mode" and spotting should work.

Also, search console output to see if spotter gets disabled by accident, it sometimes happen to me due to speech recognition misunderstanding me.

Yeah I still have that enabled, so that must be it
    Will try it out soon
    Thank you very much!