Thread: Request: Auto-start command line parameter

Request: Auto-start command line parameter

I've been in many races where I forgot to start CrewChief. And when I start it, it starts updating and stuff and it has caused me to be unaware of my surroundings at race and almost crashing etc.
    could we please have a auto-start parameter like CrewChiefV4.exe /autostart that just starts application instantly? that would helped me a lot.

Make a shortcut for Crew Chief and place it into this folder and it should start with windows. make sure to replace the username

C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind ows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

thanks for the input. but i wont have crewchief auto start with windows. and i still have to press the button "start application". i want to make the program auto-start without making me press that button.

There is already an option in the properties its called "Run immidiatly"

thanks!

Is there a command line to restart application? What i have read (if i remember correctly) from other topic at least in Iracing in order for pit countdown to work correctly you need to restart CrewChief after qualityfing to get position of stalls to CrewChief? It would be nice to map one button from buttonbox/dashboard to make CrewChief restart without need to take VR goggles off and starting it from desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami Viljanen View Post
    Is there a command line to restart application? What i have read (if i remember correctly) from other topic at least in Iracing in order for pit countdown to work correctly you need to restart CrewChief after qualityfing to get position of stalls to CrewChief? It would be nice to map one button from buttonbox/dashboard to make CrewChief restart without need to take VR goggles off and starting it from desktop.
    Pit stall detection will be improved in the next version, so you won't have to restart CC for that. However, I imagine you can enable "run instantly" option in preferences. What it does it starts CC in previously used game mode as soon as you open CC. Then, you can write a script or something that runs on button press to kill CC, start it again. You can also pass game ID as a parameter, check our FAQ.

Yep, i will check what i can do with Autohotkey script. i think simple script to first kill program and then after some seconds waiting time to restart it with option start immediately enabled should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami Viljanen View Post
    Yep, i will check what i can do with Autohotkey script. i think simple script to first kill program and then after some seconds waiting time to restart it with option start immediately enabled should do it.
    Keep in mind that as with any other program, by killing you're opening door for corruption of CC settings. So if you can, try sending Alt+F4 and maybe Stop before doing so.