Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rallycross Joker interpreted as fastest lap, other requests too

Rallycross Joker interpreted as fastest lap, other requests too

I just discovered that iRacing support has been added and so far it has been excellent! I mostly drive in Rallycross races, which has much less support, however. Rallycross is also a feature in Project CARS 2 so I assume the following discussion could be applied that game as well.

For rallycross racing, once per race each driver is required to take a Joker lap. In American GRC, this is usually a shortcut across the track.
    iRacing denotes Joker laps with an exclamation point after the time, and a blue crown symbol next to the name if that driver has taken their Joker.

The following are things I think deserve some attention, in order of priority.

BUG: Crew Chief reports the fastest Joker lap as the fastest lap of the race. Technically this is true, but in the case of Iowa Speedway the Joker cuts nearly 10 seconds off of my lap time. It's not helpful when Jim calls out "You're 8 seconds off the pace" when I put in my fastest regular lap time.

REQUEST: Keep track of my fastest Joker lap time. Similar to how time is reported by sector, It would be helpful to know my relative through a Joker during a practice session.

REQUEST: Notify me when other drivers take their Joker laps. I imagine this working in the same way I get notified if someone goes off track or pits. It is also useful to know if drivers around me have or haven't Jokered already so I can plan to Joker myself.

REQUEST: Remind me to Joker. This one is less critical, but if it's a white flag and I haven't Jokered yet, I'd hate to finish the race forgetting to do it. Especially when I get slapped with a penalty.

I use Crew Chief every time I race and it adds so much to my racing experience. Thank you!

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    All very valid points. I don't play much iracing (truth be told, I cancelled my subscription when they refused to acknowledge game breaking issues with the HTC Vive), so it would be incredibly helpful if you could record a debug trace and details of what happened in the race (particularly when you took your joker lap) so we can analyse the available data and see what our options are

Debug trace info is here:
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...f-repro-traces

I ran a few baseline laps, a joker, and a few quick regular laps. After taking the Joker, I beat my baseline lap time but Crew Chief said "you are now 11 seconds off the pace." Sector timing seems to be working normally.

Debug trace: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18p...xPbEA7KljFehQr

I saved the iRacing replay in case you need that too.

Lap times:
    1. 41.858
    2. 42.647
    3. 40.843
    4. 41.815
    5. 28.501 (Joker)
    6. 40.088
    7. 40.145
    Last edited by runphilrun; 03-03-2018 at 19:29.

I did a few races when it was first released in the week 13 even, but I never did a race with the way a rallycross session is setup now, is a bit different to how other events are handled in crew chief, so if you could do us favor and record a full event then we can add even better support for it.

I'll have a full rallycross session posted in about an hour. Found 2 more bugs.

BUG: Crew Chief calls out green flag, fastest laps for leaders and fuel calls during heats I'm not racing in. In iRacing rallycross there are 4-5 race states. Qualifying, Heat1, Heat2, Consolation (aka B-Main) and the Feature. After qualifying, the field is split into 2 groups which race one at a time. Fastest drivers qualify for the feature, slowest drivers race each other in the consolation race. Winner of the consolation race enters the feature. A race session usually has a minimum of 8 drivers, so if there aren't enough drivers to fill a consolation race (I think you need 12 to start one), the consolation race is skipped altogether. So every race session I will sit out of 1 or 2 events (iRacing makes you spectate them).

BUG: Black flags are served as time penalties after the race, but Crew Chief keeps telling me to serve a stop-and-go in the pits. There are no pit areas in Rallycross layouts, and iRacing hasn't implemented stop-and-go penalty boxes. So penalties for jumping the start, unsafe Joker entry/exit (there are commit lines like some pit entries and exits), missing or taking too many Joker laps, etc. are times added after the race. I jumped the start of a race by accident (let go of clutch on red lights, not green...doh!) and Crew Chief kept saying "box in the next 2 laps... stop and go this lap... they've disqualified us for not serving the penalty."

I ran CrewChiefV4 in debug mode during this session and the record box was checked but there are no logs in my Documents\CrewChiefV4\debugLogs\ folder! Sorry ):

EDIT: I won't be able to test the black flags too much since all rallycross races are official (affecting my iRating). I will try to enter some "hosted" (ie unofficial) races for testing in the future. I hope you understand!
    Last edited by runphilrun; 03-03-2018 at 18:51.

Here's the trace for a regular rallycross session. The consolation race was skipped. https://drive.google.com/open?id=19L...lTOJUy9CfKNIb-

Thanks alot we will look into getting it all sorted.

I'll keep running CC in debug mode in case I encounter any more of these bugs. Let me know if there are other things you'd like me to test or other ways to help out.

What's the latest on Rallycross support? Anything I can do?

I'm also noticing the chief saying things like "I don't have that info" etc - like I triggered something but i have no idea how he got triggered.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the unexpected voice command responses ("we don't have the data" etc) are caused by false-positives in the speech recogniser. We changed to use the built in Windows recogniser by default. You can either go through the speech recognition training process in Windows or you can tell the app to revert to the older recogniser by changing the "Prefer Windows speech recognition engine" property to false

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast