Thread: Sounds in appdata

Sounds in appdata

Hi,

is it possible to install the sounds in a different folder or even on different drive? Now it is located on the c-drive in the users appdata.
    My c-drive is an ssd but not a very large one and the sounds almost using 1gb of space. I try to keep my c-drive as clean as possible for mostly windows and programs (at the moment also iRacing).
    I'm at the point of buying a second ssd (a 500gb one) to store all my sim racing games and software (like CrewChief, Z1 Dash, ...).

It would be nice to have all the files at the same drive.

There's a way to redirect any folder on your drive to another folder, even on another drive.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...loads/junction

Let me know if you need help, I'll explain it in more details.

I will give it a try. I have my Documents and all that kind of folders relocated on my d-drive with the buildin feature in Windows. Didn't know this tool.

just a quick hint - before you actually redirect CC files, create a remote folder and redirect local folder to it just to figure the process out.

Then, rename CC's sounds folder and create link to folder on another drive. If it successfully linked, move sounds over there. To CC, it will still look like they're in appdata. I did this countless times on my friend's PCs when itunes trash their C partition, and even for my own Outlook backup files and many other things, say, what I want backed up in OneDrive. Make sure to use 64bit tool on 64bit OS. Good luck.