Thread: Spotter for F1 2017

Question Spotter for F1 2017

Hi :-D

Enjoying CrewChief on PC2, Rfactor, AC and iRacing!

Is there any to get the CrewChief spotter working in F1 2017 (it has its own engineer)? If not it would be a cool feature in the future ;-)

/Kasper

Sorry its not possible the game does not provide enough shared date to make any use of it in Crew Chief

To bad :-(
    By the way, the 2017 UDP was updated: http://forums.codemasters.com/discus...-specification

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    it's a lot richer than it was. It's missing car and driver information, but it might be possible to derive these from the driver ID and team ID fields for offline races. This would mean that the app could only use driver names in offline sessions. Also, I have no way of playing racing games that don't support VR so testing this stuff would be quite hard

Cool!
    Well, it uses its own Crew Chief that relays race-info to you (is a relative deep part of the gameplay, so it would make no sense to change that), but it does not have a spotter - so its mainly that feature that would be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Cool!
    Well, it uses its own Crew Chief that relays race-info to you (is a relative deep part of the gameplay, so it would make no sense to change that), but it does not have a spotter - so its mainly that feature that would be relevant.

Is there a button in F1 2017 to turn on AI driver, like in rF1/rF2? I am fully in VR as well, and that prevents me from enjoying F1 2017, but if it has AI driver that will make testing quite doable as I won't have to drive (until VR is added).

And, yes, driver_id seems to have mapping for offline, but what about online.

The CC spotter part should have enough data for car left/right messages, but I think it'll be confusing to users and will make bad impression about CC being just spotter, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Is there a button in F1 2017 to turn on AI driver, like in rF1/rF2? I am fully in VR as well, and that prevents me from enjoying F1 2017, but if it has AI driver that will make testing quite doable as I won't have to drive (until VR is added).

And, yes, driver_id seems to have mapping for offline, but what about online.

The CC spotter part should have enough data for car left/right messages, but I think it'll be confusing to users and will make bad impression about CC being just spotter, it isn't.
    To my knowledge there is no such button.

On the part of CC just being used as spotter, I don't believe that to be an issue. The engineer in F1 2017 is a deeply integrated part of the game (suggesting strategy changes etc. and I don't know if you can turn it off), so people playing playing F1 2017 might be fine with just the spotter-part.

But it seems im probably the only one with the request ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    To my knowledge there is no such button.

On the part of CC just being used as spotter, I don't believe that to be an issue. The engineer in F1 2017 is a deeply integrated part of the game (suggesting strategy changes etc. and I don't know if you can turn it off), so people playing playing F1 2017 might be fine with just the spotter-part.

But it seems im probably the only one with the request ;-)
    You're definitely not the only one. I'd love to have Crew Chief work as a spotter in F1 2017.