Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speech recognition trouble shooting

Disable exclusive mode for your microphone, in windows sound settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Disable exclusive mode for your microphone, in windows sound settings.
    Not seeing that option any where and it is not showing up in any searches in Settings

Done and done. I think the issue is something to do with the microphone not having a push to talk or a constant on switch.

Hey, hope you can help with this, can't find any answers anywhere.

So when CC is open on its own the voice recognition works perfectly when the button is set to either the keyboard or the Xbox controller so it doesn't sound like an issue with CC. When I run Project Cars 2, the voice recognition button will work if it's mapped to the keyboard but not if it's mapped to the controller. I can click back onto CC and open it on top of PC2 and it works fine but it wont work when PC2 is taking priority.

Any thoughts?

I need someone's help urgently please...
    My voice recognition for the most part works as far as that it recognises I am there. I say Chief, there is a beep and some voice commands work. Such as "can you hear me", "how's my fuel" etc.
    So I know i don't have a problem with my mic or CC seeing I am there.
    But others it is not recognising at all..."clear fuel, clear all, clear tires" etc. The ones i really need.
    Can someone give me a troubleshoot solution for what this could be?
    Any help will be appreciated as this is making racing rather unenjoyable not being able to control pitstops. Cheers.

I'm still unlucky.
    The SRE is successfully initialized using en-US, but nothing is recognized. The log is always like that:

19:43:33.621 : Opened channel - waiting for speech
    19:43:33.621 : Getting audio from default device
    19:43:34.083 : Invoking speech recognition...
    19:43:34.083 : Cancelling wait for speech
    19:43:37.107 : No speech input was detected

What confuses me is that

19:43:34.083 : Invoking speech recognition...
    19:43:34.083 : Cancelling wait for speech

are on exactly the same timestamp. (Win10 with german installation.)

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    That's a misleading log message - the "Cancelling wait" line doesn't mean the app has stopped listening. Whatever the problem is, it's not related to that log line

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    That's a misleading log message - the "Cancelling wait" line doesn't mean the app has stopped listening. Whatever the problem is, it's not related to that log line
    Any hints how to track down the problem ?
    Last edited by rbausdorf; 21-06-2020 at 16:03.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    It's hard to say what the problem might be. If you've set up your microphone to be the default Windows sound recording device, it should work.

This copy-paste from a recent Discord thread might be useful:

there are 2 speech recognisers. The Microsoft one and the Windows one. They're different. The windows one is built into Windows, is tied to your Windows install's language (well, not entirely but it's fiddly to change) and requires training. The Microsoft one is a separate download (the first link i posted), requires a separate language pack download (the other link i posted), is independent of your Windows install's language and does not require training.

CC can use either - enable the "prefer Windows speech recognition" property and it'll use the Windows version, disable this property and it'll use the Microsoft one.

CC has its own language setting which needs to match the language of the speech recogniser (which ever you're using). The default speech recognition language for CC is "en", which will work with any English recognition language. If you downloaded a 3rd party sound pack it's possible that this is telling CC to use a different speech recognition language from the default

they both work well - after training, the Windows one is generally better for me (as long as I use the same microphone as I use when racing) but the Microsoft one is also very good. If you can get them both to work, you can switch between them by changing that property and restarting the app so you can see which gives the best results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast