Thread: Position feedback incorrect

Position feedback incorrect

I noticed a couple of times during a race last night that the response to 'whats my position' was inaccurate - it seemed to be using the position in the relative, which doesn't account for any position change on that lap (ie. its only updated end of lap).

The position doing a race is base on lapcount+distance around track on current lap, this information is supplied by the game and its the only way to get live positions, so if the information that comes from the game is inaccurate we can't do much about it, also if someone ahead of you have reset back to pits your position will be the same until you reach the point on track where the other driver reset from, or you passed him while he is in the pit lane, if his pit box is before the start finish line.(then his distance around track on current lap would still be ahead of you)

Thanks for info. I was going to post in iRacing forums about this incorrect position, but now i know better.
    That's a pity that iRacing did not deliver this position data. Live position data wouldn't be that necessary, but i would expect that iRacing is giving some position data at least at end of lap.