Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: iRacing Team Events Odd Behavior

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    4

    iRacing Team Events Odd Behavior

    Got to try out the CrewChief for the iRacing Bathurst 12 hour this past weekend. Everything worked well, but after a team (not necessarily ours) made a driver swap in the pit, the log in the application window would seemingly get stuck in a loop printing the same thing over and over, getting faster and faster in the loop.

    The log would look Something like this below, with thousands of these lines getting printed every minute. It never seemed to interfere with the app working properly, but I think it was causing a memory leak or somthing because my iRacing started dropping frames very badly towards the end of my run. I didnt know it was happening until after I finished and the app was going crazy. It would trigger this issue every time a team swapped too. So I couldnt leave the app running all the time without needing to constantly restart it because it would get stuck in this endless logging.

    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"
    "<Driver Name> was swapped with <Driver Name>"

    but imagine that x10000

  2. #2
    Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,132
    This is a bug in the code that handles driver swaps. Annoyingly it's a one-liner and a trivial fix, but it's quite a severe bug. I'll push an update tonight or tomorrow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •