Thread: Crew Cheif through headphones

Crew Cheif through headphones

I have my iracing playing through my speakers and my spotter playing thru my headphones, I can't seem to do it with this ? Is there anyway this is possible with this?

You need to enable nAudio output in the Crew Chief. Search for nAudio in preferences. Once enabled, you will be able to redirect CC output to the desired audio output.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    You need to enable nAudio output in the Crew Chief. Search for nAudio in preferences. Once enabled, you will be able to redirect CC output to the desired audio output.
    Where do I find the nAudio in crew chief

Open CC Preferences window and type nAudio in the search box. Enable naudio output, apply and restart CC. After restart you'll have drop downs to select desired audio device for voice and background noise.

Not sure why you would need nAudio. Can't you simply select your headphones in the Windows sound settings panel as your default output device (so CrewChief goes there), and your speakers as the simulation output from within the iRacing Audio menu?

Quote Originally Posted by jayeffaar View Post
    Not sure why you would need nAudio.
    I use my speakers for engine and environment sounds. For everything talking related (discord, spotter and now CrewChief) I use my headphones.

I think this is not an uncommon setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I use my speakers for engine and environment sounds. For everything talking related (discord, spotter and now CrewChief) I use my headphones.

I think this is not an uncommon setup.
    jayeffaar asks why you don't set your speakers as the output source for your engine and environment sounds as your speakers in iRacing's options. You can assign iRacing's spotters to headphones (for example) and assign engine to speakers. (iirc)

OK, you are right. I didn't get that fully.

In my case I would have to switch back the main output device to the speakers after every reace. My PC isnt a iRacing only pc, i play other game too witch do not have a output option.

It's way mor comfortable to just switch the crewchef output to my headphones and thats it.

Where is CC Preference window, I see Properties but nothing that saids Preferences. Trying to get Crew Chief and Spotter thru headset (now coming thru speaker). Iracing spotter comes thru headset. Also does CC communicate in Testing and Practice?

Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Where is CC Preference window, I see Properties but nothing that saids Preferences. Trying to get Crew Chief and Spotter thru headset (now coming thru speaker). Iracing spotter comes thru headset. Also does CC communicate in Testing and Practice?
    It's the properties windows if you type in nAudio into the "Search for property" textbox the settings will be shown.