Thread: Last couple of updates: Multi class when not multi class

Last couple of updates: Multi class when not multi class

Hi folks,

I've noticed in the last few updates that Crew Chief has been reporting race positions as if I'm in a multi-class race when I'm not - this is happening in Assetto Corsa in particular; most recently (this morning) I was in a race which is using the T7R BTCC mod and it was reporting my position among cars of my own brand, where the cars are all defined as being part of the same class. So, for example, it'll tell me when I cross the line "You're in 5th" when actually I'm the fifth BMW, not the fifth car, or "there's a slower car ahead but he's racing for position" for anyone ahead of me (it wasn't a multiclass race).

Anyone else seeing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Viperion_NZ View Post
    Hi folks,

I've noticed in the last few updates that Crew Chief has been reporting race positions as if I'm in a multi-class race when I'm not - this is happening in Assetto Corsa in particular; most recently (this morning) I was in a race which is using the T7R BTCC mod and it was reporting my position among cars of my own brand, where the cars are all defined as being part of the same class. So, for example, it'll tell me when I cross the line "You're in 5th" when actually I'm the fifth BMW, not the fifth car, or "there's a slower car ahead but he's racing for position" for anyone ahead of me (it wasn't a multiclass race).

Anyone else seeing this?
    I am not familiar with AC content modding much, but could you start a race and send us console output? You should see something like "multi-class" or "single-class" listing classes participating in race. It is possible you'll (or us) need to add mapping, as at least in other games mods are not always authored correctly, but first things first, console output might help here.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    The app uses the carModel name to determine car class (it's the only info available). If most of the carModel names are unknown, it switches off multiclass and assumes everyone's in the same class. If only a few car model names are unknown the app assumes it's a multi class race.

Version 4.9.1.3 improved the logic a bit here so the app should be a bit better at guessing what classes are racing and whether it's multi class but it's still only a guess.

The console log has all the classes names in it - paste it here and I'll add those model names to the tc2 class so the app will correctly recognise them.

You can force the app to ignore the car classes and put everyone in a single class with the 'force single class' option in the properties screen