Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we get a Pitbox Countdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pickford View Post
    Yes, a "box in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" is more of what I was hoping for.

At Atlanta yesterday, the current countdown, whilst nice to have over nothing at all, still left me guessing when to turn into my stall.
    "Sounds stupid" Okay. Well, if you are in an oval race, as Mark agrees, it's almost impossible to find your pitbox when everyone is going down pit road in a line or are staggered. Hearing "50 meters" does nothing to aid you into your box. It's fine, I can run SimRacingApps to do this. If you decide it's a good idea and you want to market this product to more of the Nascar/oval crowd, then I will use yours. The other thing you could add is a "beep" at red line or shift points. Then I could get rid of SRA all together!

Kristian

I just tried using the countdown for pit stall and used to use DRE and the distance is not intuitive. DRE would count you down, I am trying to use less apps and really enjoying CC.

Yes yes

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian Swensson View Post
    Not a countdown, it tells you how many meters away you are. When I think of a meter, I am putting coins in it so I can park my car.

Can we get a "5-4-3-2-stop on your sign" added?
    This is a great request and should able to be turned on... Also it should tell you in feet not meters. And a count down that doesn't stop at 50 meters would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pickford View Post
    Yes, a "box in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" is more of what I was hoping for.

At Atlanta yesterday, the current countdown, whilst nice to have over nothing at all, still left me guessing when to turn into my stall.
    Can I add my request for this style of count down also. Accepted not to everyones taste, but a nice option for those users that prefer it to a distance to go.

It's the style my previous add on used before switching to Crew Chief.

6min 46sec in if the link doesn't start there: youtu.be/_8hGm8Wg0ME?t=6m46s
    Last edited by Simon J Shaw; 25-09-2018 at 14:10.

We might be able to work someting out like that, i'm not going to promise anything, the boss also has a word in this

Thanks Sparten, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I'll add an option - metres, feet, or 5-4-3-2-1. How it behaves will depend on distance to stall when you first enter the pitlane. Will have a play around.

[Edit]

While we're on the subject of adding stuff, anything else need adding that's not complicated?

Many thanks.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Quick update on this... I've added an optional 5-4-3-2-1 and an option to do the distance in feet, but there are a couple of comprises. It may be shortened in cases where the pit stall is close to the entry and overrides some of the distance calls.

But the main issue is the game data. I'm using track-distance to trigger each call, but because you're in the pitlane this data is inaccurate - there's a discontinuity at the start line (due to the pitlane being a different length to the corresponding non pitlane part of the track).

This means it might miss part of the count. Not ideal ...

Many thanks, I look forward to giving it a go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast