Thread: Disabling lap time reports altogether

Disabling lap time reports altogether

I have disabled all options that seemed relevant to lap time reports in 'Properties':

Name:  8VUgsVj.png
Views: 1071
Size:  7.2 KB

Name:  vwTigaI.png
Views: 1027
Size:  7.5 KB

When I run in Test Drive (iRacing) CC still tells me lap times after every lap, while in race practice it only tells me the gap to fastest session lap. Is there another option for disabling the latter as well?
    Last edited by Tornik; 14-01-2018 at 12:57.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Sounds like a bug, I'll look into it tomorrow and get a fix out with the next release

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    OK, it's not a bug but it's a piece of poor design. The app has to assume you're in solo practice or 'hotlap' mode if there are no other cars in the session (there's no other way to reliably detect time-trial / hot-lap / leaderboard challenge mode in some games). This isn't ideal but it mostly works. However, if the app assumes you're in hotlap mode it will always play your lap time. Again, this kind of make sense if you really are in this mode but if you happen to be the only car in a practice session it's clearly not what we want.

I've added a new property to disable this behaviour - "Report all laps when hotlapping". This is enabled by default so the app's behaviour won't change, but if you uncheck this then the hotlap frequency of lap time reports will be based on the "Frequency of player prac and qual lap time reports" property value.

This will be in the next update.

Thanks for the bug report

Thank you for prompt reaction and reply!

Where is the frequency value list reference ? Automobilista

I read this thread looking for a way to turn on lap time reporting when in an iRacing Time Trial but didn't find it here. Is there a way to do this? I ran a time trial today and it would have been nice to get lap time reports. It would also be cool if the CC would report your average for the session. It would save me from having to take my eyes away from driving to look at the black box which is one of the purposes of the Crew Chief. :-)