Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't get Voice Recognition working, please help.

Thought I would provide further update which is on a negative as I have had to stop voice recognition as it failed more times than it worked.

I was not able to isolate why as the failure was not constant so I was unable to go "Ah that's it" my only suggestion is that maybe one of the programmes CC/MS speech is going to sleep and losing the connection . MS does seem a little flakey as currently I stopped MS voice recognition and it wont start again unless I reboot

Sorry I couldn't be more help

I was trying to use it in always on mode, Bluetooth headset, xbox with pc app

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    That's really really odd. It's been rock solid for me since I started using it back when all this was fields. All I can think is that it's something in your sound drivers

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    That's really really odd. It's been rock solid for me since I started using it back when all this was fields. All I can think is that it's something in your sound drivers
    yep definitely a little weird but I will keep my eye on it and maybe revisit in the future. I might look for the headphone lead and see if connecting direct to laptop makes any difference

sure looks like something MS/headset issue

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Crew chief uses the default audio playback device.
    Noticed this quote in another thead which may explain my issues as win 10 recently is having issues keeping the Bluetooth connection established to my headset . The headset stops being the default device at random times and CC goes quiet presumably because it has lost its default device .

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Nasty. That sounds like quite a bad driver bug - like the device is constantly disappearing and reappearing

I've tried everything on this thread to get it to initialize, and it wont' .

I've reinstalled/wiped out app data. Switched between en-US and en-GB. Nothing can get it to initialize. Any other suggestions on other fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by YoMopho View Post
    I've tried everything on this thread to get it to initialize, and it wont' .

I've reinstalled/wiped out app data. Switched between en-US and en-GB. Nothing can get it to initialize. Any other suggestions on other fixes?
    Nevermind. So I did this to fix my own problem. I tried to install the es-MX package and change the properties to es-MX to see if it would stick, and it did. As much as I wish I was Fernando Alonso, I don't speak spanish, so I changed it back to en-US, but it didn't work.

So this was the fix:

1. Uninstall CrewChief v4
    2. Delete Apps Folder for CrewChief
    3. Uninstall Language Packs
    4. Reinstall Language Pack (en-US).
    5. ReInstall CrewChief
    6. Change Properties to en-US.
    7. Then enabled voice control and it initialized.

How does this work if I'm using a Blue Yeti mic and Voice Meter software .

Hi all!

I'm coming from Voice Attack/DRE and everything works great there, but I heard so many great things about CC that I had to try. Checked out some videos and loved everything. Some say it runs smoother than DRE. Anyway...

Unfortunately, I'm another one who can't the voice recognition to initialize. I've already checked and tried everything on this topic. Installed, reinstalled, wiped, downloaded different language packs, deleted folders and all that. Nothing seems to work!! I always get the message "Unable to initialize speech engine with voice recognition pack for location en. Check that SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi and MSSpeech_SR_en_TELE.msi are installed."

Downloaded and installed both SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi and MSSpeech_SR_en_TELE.msi (before and after installing CC)
    Checked the default recording device
    Reinstalled everything, wiping the data and folders before
    Tried the speech recognition locale change
    Tried different language packs

Really really don't know what else to do. Anything anyone suggests?

Btw, I use windows 10.

Thank you in advance.

no radio check

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast