Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't get Voice Recognition working, please help.

was trying to [post the log but your forum does not seam to like it I keep getting 403 messages
    cc.zip
    Last edited by oOBATOo; 09-04-2017 at 21:51.

Right got it sorted, its all running perfectly.
    I had to uninstal the app,
    Clear out appdata, whiloe I was their I cleared out the crewcheif four directory thus totaly resetting your app.
    I then installed and downloaded each sound pack that was present all three of them.
    Then everything works as expected.

Its worth noting for future that this can happen although these language packs where shown as installed their must have been an error some place.
    You live and learn.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Glad to hear man . I started a new job last week and am still getting up to speed so might be a bit quiet for a while

Gentlemen, do be advised I could not (despite using all of my significant and well exercised technical capabilities) get voice to initialize. The failed process: install CF4, install MS SPR, install MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi, update CF4 properties to en-US.

The fix was to download and install MSSpeech_SR_en-GB_TELE.msi and update CF4 properties to en-GB. After the restart CF4 become severely happy with the whole notion.

This debugging episode complete, on a lark I went back to properties and updated to en-US just for shucks and grins.

Voila! My British pit boss can now understand me and I don't feel compelled to convert a southern US drawl into a cockney just to find out if the last LMP2 driver I ran over tore up my aero.

On a more serious note, my deepest thanks to Jim Britton and the rest of the contributors CF4 for a truly astounding piece of programming. A donation is headed your way.
    Last edited by belaki; 12-04-2017 at 23:13.

I think this issue may be caused by Microsoft being, in technical terms, 'a bit shit'. Crew Chief Mega Corp apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks for the support

Hi I have started to look at the talk to crew chief option .

I have installed the language packs and speech engine as per the opening post on pcars website, I fire up crew chief and hear the events radio check message but then the following unhandled exception is thrown

Name:  c rewchief3.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  91.4 KB

I am using a turtle beach handsfree headset which is Bluetooth connection to pc and I have checked it is set as default recording device and it is

EDIT

I rebooted windows a couple of times and did get CC to recognise a command but it then hung, so thought I would disable the listening aspect for time being but now when I hit the stop button CC stops responding and as I have CC starting automatically I am stuck in a loop

Name:  c rewchief4.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  95.5 KB

Name:  c rewchief5.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  93.8 KB

EDIT 2

OK a few more reboots/hanging apps and speech on and off and we seem to be working. Windows 10 sometimes seems very slow when installing updating programmes, it's as if it is still working in background and you don't realise it ?

EDIT 3

Back again and its stopped working again - no sound at all and when I try to stop CC it goes into not responding, CAD stops the app butthen it wont fir up again and I also cant open the windows "sound mixer" window
    Last edited by inthebagbud; 16-07-2017 at 10:28.

Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Hi I have started to look at the talk to crew chief option .

I have installed the language packs and speech engine as per the opening post on pcars website, I fire up crew chief and hear the events radio check message but then the following unhandled exception is thrown

Name:  c rewchief3.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  91.4 KB

I am using a turtle beach handsfree headset which is Bluetooth connection to pc and I have checked it is set as default recording device and it is

EDIT

I rebooted windows a couple of times and did get CC to recognise a command but it then hung, so thought I would disable the listening aspect for time being but now when I hit the stop button CC stops responding and as I have CC starting automatically I am stuck in a loop

Name:  c rewchief4.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  95.5 KB

Name:  c rewchief5.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  93.8 KB

EDIT 2

OK a few more reboots/hanging apps and speech on and off and we seem to be working. Windows 10 sometimes seems very slow when installing updating programmes, it's as if it is still working in background and you don't realise it ?

EDIT 3

Back again and its stopped working again - no sound at all and when I try to stop CC it goes into not responding, CAD stops the app butthen it wont fir up again and I also cant open the windows "sound mixer" window
    Can you try using Shared Memory mode for pCars instead? You need to enable shared memory in pcars, and use Project cars (64bit/32bit) game choice.

Not sure that'll make any difference tbh. There may be something weird in the sound drivers for the headset. Does it behave properly with a regular mic and speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Not sure that'll make any difference tbh. There may be something weird in the sound drivers for the headset. Does it behave properly with a regular mic and speakers?
    my bad, my original response was rushed (had to go watch F1 with my neighbor). It indeed seems like a problem with sound device rather than connection to the game itself.

I am using bluetooth on my computers to connect wireless speakers, and it's finicky. One thought I have is to make sure that both bluetooth output and input devices are connected and are marked as default in Sound control panel, before launching CC.

Ok I have had a few days of good speech recognition but it failed tonight and it appears that the exception that is thrown is if the windows speech recognition has not been initialised properly . I generally leave my laptop on and for the usual unknown reason the speech recognition had stalled and therefore CC threw the exception tonight . When speech recognition was back up and running everything is ok so I think its just the way CC is telling me that speech recognition is not correctly initialised .

I will keep my eye on it and if I see any other issues will let you know

Thnaks for the replies

Oh and I am using on xbox if that makes a difference

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast