Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Can't get Voice Recognition working, please help.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    If you're struggling to get speech recognition to work, go through the steps in this post, one by one and exactly as written

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...=3354#post3354

mr_belowski, it worked! Thanks a lot!

Is there a way to make the speech recognition engine better understand me? I mean, I'm not a native speaker, but I'm not that bad either. There are some commands that CC just can't understand when I say them, lol. Like "Whats P#'s last lap?". It simply can't understand! Frustrating" Lol.

Just a quick note: The current MS speech framework download did not work for me. Only after I downloaded the version from the link above everything was set up in no time. Obviously the API has changed or something.

i have this same problem, thank for share

Hello Mr Belowsky
    My story is a bit different, because finally I figure out how to make voice recognition working. Actually I narrowed it to one condition which has to be fulfilled to make it working.
    Voice recognition doesn't work until I open Recording devices window (the one from systray). This window has more tabs (playback devices and so). But it works only if recording devices tab is active. Window itself doesn't have to have a focus. It might be on the bottom, but must be opened with recording devices tab active. It will remain working even if mic properties modal window will open.
    Once I close recording devices window, or change the tab, CC stops recognize the voice.

I did a test: I activated playback devices tab. Pressed and hold PTT button and then switched to recording devices - CC wasn't able to hear me.
    But If I start with recording devices, press PTT and then change tabs - the recognition works.

Strange. I know.
    Any idea why? What it can be connected to?
    Of course I can use CC with Recording devices window opened. But still.. it's not how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Voice recognition doesn't work until I open Recording devices window (the one from systray).
    new user here. Voice recognition was driving me crazy as I'd mostly get "sorry mate, can't hear you". A bit of googling revealed the message above so I figured, nothing to lose here and gave it a go. It now works perfectly but as stated isn't really an optimal solution. Has someone come by a better one in the past year?
    Last edited by johnsher; 18-04-2019 at 22:33.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsher View Post
    new user here. Voice recognition was driving me crazy as I'd mostly get "sorry mate, can't hear you". A bit of googling revealed the message above so I figured, nothing to lose here and gave it a go. It now works perfectly but as stated isn't really an optimal solution. Has someone come by a better one in the past year?
    in case it helps anyone it appears the problem is with using "hold button" for voice recognition. As suggested in another thread I switched to "press and release" and that has sorted things.

Voice recognition doesn`t work for me in most of the cases.

Most times it doesn`t ecognize the trigger word "chief" when i say it but oddly enough it kicks in when i breathe sharply.

and if it actually works then the app does not understand my commands.

When i set my mic so high that the app understand my commands the "Beep" for understanding the trigger word constantly beeps for the smallest noise in the room like the ticking of my wall clock

This is so annoying.
    Last edited by Revan; 18-06-2019 at 14:35.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    have you tried recording what your mic is picking up when you make a command, and playing it back? I might help you work out the right input level / gain for your mic. A application like Audacity (free open source sound recorder) can really help here - you can see the waveform so it's easy to spot clipping or very low input level

I double checked with teamspeak recording test. Sound quality is good for my amateur point of view.
    I have a asus xonar sound card with an external device that includes a second mic for noise cancellation. This works actually quite good except for crew chief.
    For now i assigned a button on my wheel but as there are not much buttons left on my new wheel that arrives in a couple of weeks i would prefer the trigger word instead.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast