Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No damage report

No damage report

Hi.

Been doing some practise laps with the Skip Barber on Suzuka. When crashing the car into a wall, causing my wheels to be bent into weird positions, and my car to lose its nose.

And I ask for damage report/bind the damage report key, all I get is silence, and this logged in the application:

17:48:35.098 : Message damage_reporting/no_damage can't be played because there is no sound for text fragment damage_reporting/no_damage

The in-game spotter would say "You've got wheel damage!"

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    looks like there are two issues here. The first is a problem with the sound pack missing some sounds - I've updated it and it'll be available soon (this is the "no sound for text fragment damage_reporting/no_damage" message).

The other issue is obviously that you *do* have damage - I'll have to check with Morten what's been implemented for iRacing damage

having just discussed it with the CC iRacing expert, there's almost no damage information available from the game so I don't think we can do much here

Ok, that is unfortunate. Seems a bit strange that you can't grab at least some damage info, as the spotter packs for iRacing at least picks up on wheel damage, etc.

I'll have a rummage around, see if there's anything we missed

Quote Originally Posted by CerN View Post
    Ok, that is unfortunate. Seems a bit strange that you can't grab at least some damage info, as the spotter packs for iRacing at least picks up on wheel damage, etc.
    They also know when you have "engine trouble" and also when you blow the engine.

This:
    WaterTemperatureWarning, FuelPressureWarning and OilPressureWarning,
    is the only "damage" related data that iRacing exposes.

Quote Originally Posted by CerN View Post
    Yes it is unfortunate, but we do not have access to the same data as the "normal" spotter pack(s) where the sounds gets triggered by the game internal data.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Yes it is unfortunate, but we do not have access to the same data as the "normal" spotter pack(s) where the sounds gets triggered by the game internal data.
    Is there a possibility you can create a bridge that when the iRacing spotter is triggered to certain events, CC can be triggered to reproduce its own iteration? Also including, crash and slow car events e.g. the spotter telling you to stay high or stay left etc?

P.S. I'm no coder so I may be talking rubbish here.

They a good idea but its not going to work, sounds are packed into one file that loaded into the game so there is no way to link it to individual files.
    Sorry guys we are going to have to live without damage reports in iRacing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast