Thread: Nobody talks to me?

Nobody talks to me?

I have crewchief installed, I have updated and down loaded sounds and all the packs. The crewchief spotters acknowledge are heard when crewchief is opened. The plugin is installed and on. But nobody talks to me in game? Plugin has been functional before on my computer and seems to work in DX11 version when pointed correctly.

How do I get the crewchief to point to a 2nd dx9 rfactor2 install, since steam is not in the DX9 string? {C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steam.exe}

Suggestions please?
    Last edited by smbrm; 06-12-2017 at 19:19.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    can you paste the contents of the app's console window here please so we can take a look.

Also need to know what game you're using and any other info that might help

Ta

I'll make an assumption that this is rF2 (based on where post is).

CC does not care about game location really. All it needs is Shared Memory plugin activated and enabled. See http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...p-Instructions

how to do that manually. Latest compatible version ships with CC.

Note, I am not running DX9 anymore, it should work, but if there's some change in a game that broke internals model there won't be much that we can do here.

You are correct - Rfactor2. The string above is what I found in the crewchief selection menu for pointing default. The Dx9 version is in a different partition than my Dx11 version. Steam is located in the same partition as the Dx11 version and is not C: drive. I got the Dx11 Rf2 to use crewchief by just changing the partition to point to the correct drive with steam and the dx11 Rf2 install.

However the Dx9 version does not include steam as part of its path so pointing to the partition where steam is located doesn't seem to reach the DX9 installation and crewchief is not connected. I am just wondering if there is another appropriate string to use for that.

It is interesting, that sometimes I have to make sure I do any steam update to the DX11 install before I update the DX9 install depending on the type of update steam is executing in order to get the DX9 to update. Sometimes if I try to update DX9 first the update doesn't occur, or the DX9 won't run or fill the server list, but if you update the Dx11 first then DX9, update is then successful and both will run Rfactor 2. Crewchief however only still works with the Dx11 version due to the appropriate pointing.

I think the problem is in the properties area, OP currently has two version installs of rF2, one looks like it's in the default location(dx11) and the dx9 version is somewhere else. In the CC properties tab the rF2 launch parameter has something like Steam: run gameID 35960(not at computer so this is probably not 100% correct)....he'd need to point that field manually to the launcher.exe location in his dx9 version to get CC working with dx9 and change it back when running dx11.
    I did it like this when dx11 version came out some time ago and had two installs(dx9&11) in different locations, changed totally not long after that though, so this info is a bit dated and may not be the way to go now.

Guys, I am quite confused:
    * have rf2 shared memory plugin been installed (copied) and manually enabled in dx9 install? CC won't do that automatically.
    * have game been launched manually in rf2 launcher?
    if above is true, please send CC console output. CC does not really care where game is, that only matters for plugin installation and starting game from CC.

I reckon that smbrm's properties looks a bit like mine, Name:  Crew Chief.JPG
Views: 1274
Size:  16.3 KB where CC is starting rF2 ...my point to earlier post was that if CC is starting rF2 then he'd need to point it at his DX9 version rather than DX11 and still use CC to start rF2.... is that the way it works or have i got the bull by the tail here?

I take if both those fields blank then you'd start CC and then manually start whichever version you want... assuming the shared memory plugin is installed in all versions.

Cheers

G

Goanna, I think you are correct. If CC is launching the game it needs to be pointed to it. If game is outside of Steam, CC needs to be pointed to the launcher itself.

If CC does not launch the game, it does not care for its location.

I think I have fixed it by re-cutting&pasting the Shared Memory plugin I found in the DX11 install into the DX9 plugins in bin64. It was in there already but perhaps needed a refresh. I now hear the crewchief talking to me, and the spotter.

Thanks for the suggestions

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    If the plugin was an older version, the console output would have included a helpful error message - pasting it here would have saved a lot of time