Thread: only one earpiece headset

only one earpiece headset

I've been using a single speaker headset due to my WIFE not liking being ignored when I'm driving/racing/pretty much everything else as well. But, I only get one set of voices, the other seems to be sent to the left speaker which I don't have. Is there an ini setting to set the sound to mono?
    thanks

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    All the sound should already be mono. Can you give any more information?

Going back and using it again, I found it was mono, just in the wrong speaker. I thought the game sounds coming through the speakers were causing the Crew Chief not to understand what I was asking. [originally I only used the microphone jack and let both the game sounds and Crew Chief speach use the speakers.] So I plugged the headset into the headphone speaker jack The game sounds came from the right ear, but all the Crew Chief responses seemed to want to use the left side speaker, which my headset does not have. Maybe windows has a mono headset option, I'll try digging around for that.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I'm still a bit lost here. The mono sounds on my system are always played through both speakers

Quote Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
    I've been using a single speaker headset due to my WIFE not liking being ignored when I'm driving/racing/pretty much everything else as well. But, I only get one set of voices, the other seems to be sent to the left speaker which I don't have. Is there an ini setting to set the sound to mono?
    thanks
    hi,

so, all the noise is on one ear, while you listening with the other if something happens around you?? would drive me crazy and that way you miss all the stereo-audio info, which helps to keep orientation and more...

i would recommend so called open headphones. that way you are able to be "in the game" and you recognise when the door bell rings or the wife asking things, as long as you dont try to shred your ears...

something like this should last a simrace life and provides good sound: https://www.thomann.de/de/ultrasone_...ffen_220213_14
    or something from the list, if theres more budget... https://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir...dphones%20open

greets

micha