Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voice recognition mode: Unable to set default audio device

Thanks for your tips Wolf.
    It is the Default Device and I just reinstalled SR and the voice pack. Still nothing changed, same error 'Unable to set default audio device'.

hm.. just tested, nearly identical Config like Sabifa. Reinstalled the speech packs and now i get in the logs:
    23:50:40.720 : Loading controller settings
    23:50:40.722 : Load controller settings complete
    23:50:40.733 : Attempting to initialise speech recognition for user specified location en
    23:50:40.800 : Success
    23:50:40.815 : Loading all voice command alternatives from speech_recognition_config.txt
    23:50:40.921 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = True

only worst thing... stupid spotter did not understand me... maybe my english is too bad or i don't know the correct commands

Quote Originally Posted by Slowmover View Post
    hm.. just tested, nearly identical Config like Sabifa. Reinstalled the speech packs and now i get in the logs:
    23:50:40.720 : Loading controller settings
    23:50:40.722 : Load controller settings complete
    23:50:40.733 : Attempting to initialise speech recognition for user specified location en
    23:50:40.800 : Success
    23:50:40.815 : Loading all voice command alternatives from speech_recognition_config.txt
    23:50:40.921 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = True

only worst thing... stupid spotter did not understand me... maybe my english is too bad or i don't know the correct commands
    For the commands, check speeche_recognition_config.txt in CC install folder Also help window has most of them.

Okay so I got some news for you guys.
    With the latest update I'm now able to hear a beep if I press my voice activation button and it won't output a failure message while configuring the voice recognition mode.

But I've got new errors. click

Code:
    14:14:30.788 : Listening for voice command...
    14:14:30.790 : opened channel - waiting for speech
    14:14:30.791 : Unable to start speech recognition No audio input is supplied to this recognizer. Use the method SetInputToDefaultAudioDevice if a microphone is connected to the system, otherwise use SetInputToWaveFile, SetInputToWaveStream or SetInputToAudioStream to perform speech recognition from pre-recorded audio.
    14:14:30.892 : Invoking speech recognition...
    14:14:30.893 : cancelling wait for speech
    14:14:33.280 : Playing sounds, events: acknowledge/didnt_understand
    14:14:33.964 : *** Processed acknowledge/didnt_understand
    I'm not sure if it makes it any better but at least there is a bit of improvement.^^

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I expect there will be an error message in the console when you first start the app grumbling about being unable to set the default audio input device. Sorry fella, it was always a long shot.

Not sure if you saw the recent updates, but this issue might be resolved by using nAudio for speech recognition - enable the "Use nAudio for speech recognition" property and restart the app. A new select box will be added to the UI allowing you to choose a speech input device. This makes the speech recogniser take its input from a stream, rather than from the recording device directly, so I think it should work with any recording device

It is working as it should without any problems til now!

Thank you so much for the update!

Greetings Fabian

Great stuff. Massive thankyou to Daniel Nowak who wrote the code to wire up nAudio to the speech recogniser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12