Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How to collect track Corner Data

Quote Originally Posted by Scoops View Post
    Sorry guys been busy with real life. I haven't forgotten the corner names I'll get back on it in a couple of weeks when things get back to normal. I fully intend to map all the tracks I can find in rF2.
    Man, you absolutely rock. Thanks for all your hard work so far, it is monumental contribution. Great example of community driven effort.

And of course, thanks to Jim for his continued vocalizations of corners really like this feature of CC.

Hi there,

What a great piece of software!!! Just found it a few days ago and fell in love immediatly!

I just started to play with the print track info and name corner in ac and in my ey... ears its a very useful feature. fantastic!

I started to print the nordschleife tourist and quickly learned, that i will not hear no other than "schikane", cause theres no audio for that track...

and that leads to my questions - sorry in advance if its too stupid, but i just explored the program...

1. can i record corner names by myself and use that audio in the program or is that impossible or is that planned in the future?

2. it would be nice, especially to learn a track quick to hear the corner names in advance, maybe with aditional hints, even on straights. "next corner Karusell, hold on to the Marshall-Box, stay low, medium throttle, exit over last right concrete,..." will there be "learner soundpacks" for tracks??

would be awsome to be able to manage self recorded soundpacks. this way there could be multiple voices and variations for many more tracks for different skill levels.

or is this stupid??

greetings

micha

Hi there,

What a great piece of software!!! Just found it a few days ago and fell in love immediatly!

I just started to play with the print track info and name corner in ac and in my ey... ears its a very useful feature. fantastic!

I started to print the nordschleife tourist and quickly learned, that i will not hear no other than "schikane", cause theres no audio for that track...

and that leads to my questions - sorry in advance if its too stupid, but i just explored the program...

1. can i record corner names by myself and use that audio in the program or is that impossible or is that planned in the future?

2. it would be nice, especially to learn a track quick to hear the corner names in advance, maybe with aditional hints, even on straights. "next corner Karusell, hold on to the Marshall-Box, stay low, medium throttle, exit over last right concrete,..." will there be "learner soundpacks" for tracks??

would be awsome to be able to manage self recorded soundpacks. this way there could be multiple voices and variations for many more tracks for different skill levels.

or is this stupid??

greetings

micha

Aloha,

tried to reply 2 days ago, but it never appeared.

so once again:

What a great piece of software that is! just found it a couple of days ago.

would like to know:

will it be possible in the future to record and manage audio messages by myself? that would be awsome. that way one could make "learning the track" messages for beginners... "next corner is karusell, stay down, just hold the pace, exit over the last right concrete spot,..., Break here! ...Full throttle now!" it could help so much to learn a track quickly that way, beacause you have an instructor on board.

the best ones could be collected in a database as soundpacks.

that was my first idea, when i explored the program and the "name corners for current track" and the "print track position..." option.

have a nice sunday,

micha
    Last edited by Scraping Micha; 12-11-2017 at 12:34.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    "schikane" - there's a "chicane" sound which will sound the same I guess. But all the other Nords corner names will be missing. When Scoops does his mappings, he does the json with the distance data and I just add the missing sound files later - you're very welcome to do this for Nords and I'll record the corner names next week.

Regarding the 'learning the track' mode, I like this idea. A lot. Technically it's probably straightforward. The app would have to be run in a special mode where the 'talk to chief' button created a sound file instead of activating voice recognition. The app would also create a meta data file. Once you complete your lap, you'll end up with lots of short (2-3 second) sound files and a supporting text (json?) file. The text file will contain the car class and track name, and a list of lap distance -> sound file name mappings - e.g.

Code:
    {
        "GameEnum" : "PCARS_2",
        "CarClass" : "DTM_2016",
        "TrackName" : "Donington GP",
    Code:
    "InstructorCalls" : [
        {
            "distanceRoundLapTrigger" : 300,
            "soundFileName" : "instructor/PCARS_2/Donington_GP/300_metres.wav"
        },
        {
            "distanceRoundLapTrigger" : 360,
            "soundFileName" : "instructor/PCARS_2/Donington_GP/360_metres.wav"
        }]
    }

(edit) - no idea why the forum keep splitting up that pseudo-json. Stoopid...

and so on

The sound file "300_metres.wav" might be something like "braking at the 200 metre board". "
    360_metres.wav" could be "dip your left side tyres into the pit exit to set up for Redgates", and so on.

You could record these as you trundle around at whatever pace you like, and they would play back when you reach the
    distanceRoundLapTrigger. We'd need an enable / disable toggle and a few other bits and bobs to tie it all together but it wouldn't be too fiddly. I think they might need to be class-specific as braking, acceleration and turn in points potentially very quite a lot. Same for different games. I suppose it might be possible to have a special 'generic' car class and game if someone created a set that were applicable for any game and car class but I'm not sure about this.

But here's where I need some guidance. I often like to add things to the app because they're technically interesting and achievable. This falls into this category. Would it actually be used? What do you think Morten and Vytautas?

hi,

yeah, i explored the "Schikane" sound, when i played around with the .json file and the nordschleife. was the only corner to be named, hehe.

i personally (beginner) try to learn the nordschleife since a few weeks and STILL cannot drive fast without leaving the boundaries.... i curse every lap loudly and it takes always 24 km to get to that point again, hehehe... frustrating... and "instruction laps" on youtube are helpfull, but there are 74 corners and many more hints in between to remember on track by myself... just too much for my old brain...

greetings,

micha

And yes, if needed, i will help if i can!

since i m "quite new" at simracing and at the nordschleife it will take a while, but i will map that track down. And i will record all the corner- and straights and landmark names and if needed all additional stuff.

greets

micha

I'm happy to map it as one of the next batch unless you really want to do it. Link below has the corner names

http://nurburgring.org.uk/bendnames/index.php

hehe, please dont take tahat "dialect". noone in germany pronounces as the lady does.

i will just record all corners, maybe that is usefull for you, when recording the names.

i will do a spotter soundsetas well. what format do you prefer?? mono, 22.5khz, but what bitrate?? And how loud should the files be?? normalized to 0 dbfs or -6 dbfs??
    Last edited by Scraping Micha; 12-11-2017 at 15:36.

I just got to the computer, will create json now.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast