Thread: Similar Sound Mixer Issue

Similar Sound Mixer Issue

hi, first off i wanna say that crewchief kicks ass, i really love using it.
    what a cool helper with so much love to the detail!

last week thursday, i had a race event. in training and qualifying everything was alright. but then suddenly at race start, CC volume was very loud. there was no server restart in between and also no CC restart. i had to push my oculus headphone a bit away from the ear cause it really hurt.

since then, my CC is always at maximum volume (in windows soundmixer) when it starts.
    (but compared to the other post in the forum, there is only one instance present. and i also had no error messages)
    in CC software itself, the volume setting hasnt changed, it is still on my choosen position, 4 steps from the left, so pretty low volume. lowering even more does not solve the issue to me, it is still too loud.

any ideas?
    right now i have to go to soundmixer every time after i started CC and move the slider down manually ...

seb

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Having spent a few hours with the sound playing code, there were a couple of nasty issues in there that might be related to the behaviour you're seeing. I can't reproduce the issue, so I'm kinda guessing here but I've created a beta with these changes - it would be really helpful if you could try this out and report back when you get a chance

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...full=1#post605

wow, that was quick.
    thanks for your efford.

i just tried it out.
    it behaves differently now, seems like, in the mixer, it is ALWAYS set to 25% of the maximum volume.
    also after restarting my pc, it still defaults to that value.
    is that what you did in this beta, just ALWAYS set it to 25%?

for me, that would solve the problem!
    cause like this, i just can raise the volume in CC a bit, and combined with the 25% in the mixer, that just results in the volume i had before

Hmm... the changes shouldn't affect the ability to change the app's volume. If you're using the default sound player ("use nAudio for playback" NOT selected in the properties screen) then changing the Messages Volume slider in the app should change the Crew Chief volume in the Windows mixer, and it should be possible to set this from 0 to whatever the max volume you have set for your default output device. This is how it looks on my system:

Attachment 56

The using nAudio, the volume slider in the app and the volume slider in the Windows mixer are independent and both affect the app's volume

ah, ok.
    "use nAudio for playback" is not selected
    btw it really took a while to find this option ... may i say that the only thing, that isnt good about CC, is the chaotic properties-view? some headlines and structuring might help ...

so then it seems like, with your patch the slider in CC does have an effect again. before, it did not effect the position of the slider in WindowsMixer anymore. i guess now it does again, as it is around 30% in CC and around that in WindowsMixer.

does that make sense with your changes?

Speaking of difficulty to navigate options, this is exactly why that window has search box. Try it out - it is super helpful and works on partial phrases.

It sounds to me that slider works as it should now.

oops, search box?
    never realized there is one, i will look for it when im home today, thanks for that advice!

and once again, i am really happy that sound volume is working again.
    driving without CC would really be sad - apps like helicorsa just completely break the immersion in VR ...

thanks!

this should be fixed in the latest auto-update (version 4.8.2.3)

yep, looks good.
    THANKS ALOT!