Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: checking in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

checking in

I'll transfer my discussion about CC with rF2 here, to avoid jamming up the S397 forums.
    Current status using v4.6.2.8. Most of the previous functionality seems to work, even, the practice timings seem to be fixed. But I have not gotten any localizations like 'yellow flag at Radillion' Just 'yellow flag in sector 3'
    Win10x64. I'm also attempting to get the memory monitor functioning for track corner reporting, but the two crucial items, track name and mLapDist(player) values are not appearing Otherwise....... everything seems to be working well.
    Speech recognition is very good using the Press and Hold button method.

Yes, this is a nice idea to handle this here instead. Turns out I pointed you to the wrong monitor, will fix that tonight.

BTW, I don't think CC will announce Yellow in corner, it will announce an opponent that is going very slowly under yellow, and is possibly in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Yes, this is a nice idea to handle this here instead. Turns out I pointed you to the wrong monitor, will fix that tonight.

BTW, I don't think CC will announce Yellow in corner, it will announce an opponent that is going very slowly under yellow, and is possibly in trouble.
    ah...so I need to WRECK someone early in a lap and have them limp around.... At Brands, I tried that myself, drove slowly on the edge of the course, but I never triggered a yellow. I'll look into that.

haha Keep in mind I am not sure Brands is mapped. You'll be able to check once monitor is reuploaded.

I do not think rF2 triggers yellow when someone drives slowly, the yellow comes on when you're/or someone else is off track. Also, CC won't announce messages about yourself, only opponents.

Thanks for all the inputs so far.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    OK, next version is up with a few changes - more track mappings, more corner names, more tweaks to the rules governing what's said and when and a few bug-fixes. There was a bug that was suppressing the "you're reeling this guy in..." messages, which meant that the "you're faster into corner X" messages were less likely to play.

Same as before, you'll need to download the soundpack update again for the new sounds and apply it manually. The app version number is now 4.6.2.9 so can be installed over the top of the existing one if you want:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.6.2.9.msi
    http://crewchief.isnais.de/update_sound_pack_108.zip

I've created http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ta-Test-Thread hopefully that will be easier to have all info in there.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    nice one

ok fascinating facts: I just collected the data for Road America and Road America 2016. The 2nd layout was about 200m shorter over-all, but almost every corner was further from the start than the first version. You'd think they would be closer/shorter.

Now how do you want these sent? attached to emails, cut & pasted here?

next question: Did you just drop the decimals i.e. 3.678 =3 or round up or down? 3.499 =3 or 3.501=4?

Track names can also be extracted, if you have driven at a track recently, with the online data plugin called: rF2Log Analyzer current version is 2.54 At least the two tracks I've compared are the same in both the memory monitor and the rf2log.
    Last edited by davehenrie; 21-03-2017 at 03:05.

Dave, I do personally prefer email communication, but it is up to you how would you like to share - if you prefer, paste it here. Jim might disagree with me, but I don't think 10m += matters at high speeds. So I just rounded them to my aesthetical liking (~25m).

You are right about Results log, yes, it contains all the track names you recently launched. And that's how lazy me mapped rF2 track names recently

I hope that the 2nd layout has different track name? If it does, we can map them both (sounds from turn1 to turnN can be reused probably).

One suggestion - let's move all conversations to Beta Test, or Corner Data thread, whichever you prefer

ok, going to bed so just a short answer...the two Road America Tracks are called Road America and Road America 2016. I used the same corners for each track, just different numbers to match the different locations of each turn. I'll send them tomorrow.
    dh
    After this I'll join the other thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast