Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Issue] Saying White flag line (One to go) during FCC

Talking [Issue] Saying White flag line (One to go) during FCC

Just thought I'd bring this up. When under FCY spotter will say "white flag/one to go" (I've eddied the actual voice lines). It would be nice to have different folders/lines for FCY one to go to green and the white flag, race almost over.

Not sure if this will be corrected or if I have to wait for Nascar rules to be added.

Thanks for the awesome spotter so far.

- Wiggin
    Last edited by Wiggin; 25-02-2017 at 00:47. Reason: Corrected my aberrations

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post
    Just thought I'd bring this up. When under FFC spotter will say "white flag/one to go" (I've eddied the actual voice lines). It would be nice to have different folders/lines for FFC one to go to green and the white flag, race almost over.

Not sure if this will be corrected or if I have to wait for Nascar rules to be added.

Thanks for the awesome spotter so far.

- Wiggin
    Thank you for the inputs, Wiggin. Actually I completely removed White Flag message in next update, because rF2 does not have such flag as far as I know, am I mistaken?

I am not familiar with NASCAR rules, and in a long run, I am planning to detect if NASCAR race is happening, and apply different flag rules, including white flag if NASCAR has it.

I thought all racing had white flags but I only follow American racing disciplines. It would be news to me if rf2 did not have the white flag, never tried racing without the stock car plugin. In Nascar there is the spotter telling you white flag/one lap to go.

Thanks for bringing that up. It seems that I should put white flag back for now. But I will make this optional, enabled by default, because I don't think there's white in rF2 without sc rules plugin. But eventually I plan to learn and implement NASCAR rules, luckily good mods are coming out, so it will be fun

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    White flag traditionally means "slow car on track" in European road racing, so we do need to be a bit careful here

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    White flag traditionally means "slow car on track" in European road racing, so we do need to be a bit careful here
    You are right, just checked F1 rules after 20 years of watching F1 I didn't know that, live and learn.

But generally, rF2 does not in itself has white flag icon in the UI (at least without stock car rules), and just as "blue on slower" I personally found it very confusing when CC announced something game didn't indicate. There was also no "white flag" in Gerald's Spotter in rF2.

rF2 does have in the player.json file the option to show white flag with one lap to go, so dunno if that will influence anything. I think the default is 0.

"One Lap To Go Warning":3,
    "One Lap To Go Warning#":"Race only: 0=none, 1=message, 2=white flag, 3=both, Race+Qual: add 4. Feature not implemented for timed races or lapped vehicles.",
    Cheers

G

Quote Originally Posted by Goanna View Post
    rF2 does have in the player.json file the option to show white flag with one lap to go, so dunno if that will influence anything. I think the default is 0.

Cheers

G
    Is 4 an option ? I always get confused on how they word things. It says add 4 ? do I have to put 3,4 ? ISI why did you make this so confusing!

Thanks for the info though.

Secondly the white flag is used in american racing for one lap to go and blue flag is for "faster car behind you".

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post
    Is 4 an option ?
    No, couple of examples... If you want just the message(1) in race and qually then add 4 so use 5;
    If both(3) in race and qually then add 4 so use 7. They could explain things a bit better I reckon.

Cheers

G

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    The app does already call out "1 more to go" / "last lap", so is a separate "white flag" call going to add anything here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast