Thread: Coming soon - higher volume and user-selectable output devices

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar

Coming soon - higher volume and user-selectable output devices

Yip. I finally got of my arse and integrated a more flexible audio playback library ("nAudio") into the app.

This will be optional - by default the app will continue to use the same playback method it's always used. Once you switch the app to use nAudio, you'll be able to select any of the available audio playback devices to play the app's sounds - not just the default. A happy side-effect of this is that the app's volume should be significantly louder too.

Still some testing and bug-fixing to do, but it should be available fairly soon.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  20.8 KB

This is the best news evar! Keep up the good work Mr_Belowski !!!

Is there a preliminary ETA on this?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Yes, about 6 weeks ago

Enable nAudio playback in the device options. It should allow you to use the windows mixer volume and the app volume together to get it significantly louder.

If this still isn't enough, I might add a further volume boost when using naudio,

Superb! Its loud enuff for me, I've just always needed to use my onboard sound, and not my SoundBlaster ! You rocks! Thanks!

A bit late but just wanted to say thank you for this feature. It's amazing having the crewchief set to to VIVEs internal audio (headphone) and the ingame sound on my 5.1. That's really cool!