Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pace notes

Thanks for confirming.....I've just been through and edited my .json and removed all the Lap bits from each call , hoping that will work and not need me to do them all again ;-)

I've taken an arbitrary '10' off each note to see if it pulls it back 10metres.

I noticed the 'notes' aren't in order in my file , in regards to position on track. Is that normal ? Does it matter ? Did i bugger something up ?

Just glancing at the code and from what I can see the order is not important, Jim might correct me on this

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Yeah, ordering isn't important here. The sounds are trigger when you reach the lap distance. I always find that I need to move the triggers back 20 or 30 metres (or more on fast sections). I'd don't think this is a bug - it's just a matter of getting used to it I think

thanks guys.......off to do some testing, Maybe an idea for a future tweak ..... Move Pace nots back x metres ? ( would save manually editing the file i guess , but no biggee )

i'm kinda reluctant to do this because the app should record the trigger point as the user sets it, and it's up to the user to ensure it's in the right place. I know it's a pain, but after doing a couple of pace notes sets you get a feel for it - you need to be earlier than you think on some messages (ones with descriptive instructions). But for one-word messages like "BRAKE" you wouldn't necessarily want to move the trigger point back

this app is perfect for me and i a m enjoying it . does anyone know though how to change the pacenote timing when i race ? looks like pacenotes come late for me and i want them to be earlier

The call is made when you reach the distance that's saved with each pace note. If you want them earlier you can either record them earlier or edit the pace notes text file to tweak the distance values

I love the app so much

To record assign a button to the new Start stop recording pace notes action and ensure you have voice recognition configured in 'hold button' mode the default.
    Start the app and start a session or load a replay.

Press the Start stop recording pace notes button.Now when you hold the radio button, the app will record whatever you say and save it as a.
    Do this for the whole lap or do it over multiple laps if you want and when you're done, press the "Start / stop recording pace notes again.
    This will complete the process.

I know it's a pain, but after doing a couple of pace notes sets.
    You get a feel for it you need to be earlier than you think on some messages ones with descriptive instructions.
    But for one-word messages like BRAKE you wouldn't necessarily want to move the trigger point back

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast