Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pace notes

Thanks Jim, that would be awesome.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I've not tested this (at all...) but here's a beta with that change if you want to give it a try: http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChief...0.0.6_beta.msi

That's fast, Just tried it out and can confirm that it works. Thanks Jim!

cool. That'll be part of the next proper build

This feature is really cool but I am having troubles with it:

1. Could there be a way to use prerecorded pace notes instead of your own voice recordings? It is impossibly hard to drive a rally stage, press and hold various buttons to record, think of the right pace note at the same time, plus have proper sound levels and no verbal stumbles.

Ideally you should be able to drive thru the stage, cue the locations of the pace notes, then go back and review and assign the correct (prerecorded) note to each location. A lot of work, but manageable.

2. There should be a way to say the pace notes are "always on". When I assign the button to turn them on/off, sometimes it just does not work and there is no confirmation that it's on or off, just "confirmed". The lack of aural feedback is really frustrating. The same for turning recording on/off. Imagine doing an entire section thinking you're recording something and then it turns out that the thing wasn't even on.

3. The WAVs sometimes do not work and I don't know why. You hear the crackle, but there's no voice being played out. Are there instructions to what format they should be in?

Thanks for continued development of this feature.

1: this is already possible. I make a rough set of pace notes while driving around then I go back later and re-record the .wav files and edit the metadata.json file to tweak the trigger locations and other stuff. The format of this json file and the relationship to the wav files and trigger points should be pretty obvious

2: Good idea, I'll add this

3: this smells like a bug. There'll be more options to control pace notes in the next release so it'll be possible to suppress other messages when pace notes are playing, which might help. It's also possible that you have some very short empty wav files in your pace notes set - I get this sometimes when I'm fumbling around with buttons trying to drive the car, remember the pace notes, press the buttons, speak clearly, and all the other multitasking stuff. When I go back and re-record the notes and tweak the metadata.json file I can clean these up

Just 'found' this awesome feature , and had a crack at recording some pace notes for a new track , couple of questions as its not working as expected ( or maybe it is and Im expecting the wrong thing ! ...or more likely ive done something wrong )

Had a slow cruise around the lap , recording notes as I went, all good. Stopped recoirding and moved to playback mode and they work ! BUT....only for a single lap ? I had a look in the .json and I can see it says Lap:1 . Can I/How do I get them to play for more than one lap ?

Also , i recorded a lot of my notes , when driving slowly around the track so they play far too late, I can see I can edit the position in the .json. Is that in Metres ? So I can just back them all up a bit by taking 20/30 off for example ?

Just DOnated also.......This is to awesome to be 'Free' !

Ive just compared my json to the one linked in the help files and mine has a few different parameters......example -

{
    "description": "",
    "gameEnumName": "IRACING",
    "carClassName": "GTE",
    "trackName": "roadatlanta full",
    "welcomeMessage": null,
    "entries": [
    {
    "distanceRoundTrack": 210,
    "lapNumber": 1,
    "speedWhenRecorded": 7.53570271,
    "yawWhenRecorded": -1.54423952,
    "recordingNames": [
    "roadatlanta full_GTE_210_0_lap_1.wav"
    ],
    "fileNames": [
    "210_0_lap_1.wav"
    ],
    "playAllInOrder": false,
    "subtitles": null
    },
    Cpmpared to the example file -

{
    "distanceRoundTrack": 605,
    "recordingNames": [
    "Macau_TC1_605_0.wav",
    "Macau_TC1_605_1.wav",
    "Macau_TC1_605_2.wav"
    ],
    "fileNames": [
    "605_0.wav",
    "605_1.wav",
    "605_2.wav"
    ]
    },

Found it....... Multi Lap Pace Notes ! Completely missed that in the Help file ( I don't remember turning it on , maybe that's the default ? )

I see in the example file there are multiple .wav's for each note....how does that work ? ( and how do you set it up? )

sorry, i should have made the multilap stuff off by default

The new parameters in the file are optional - they're used to filter messages so a message might only play if the car speed is greater than some amount ("woah, too fast"), or less than some amount ("get on with it"). The car yaw param is experimental and intended to allow a note to trigger if the driver is late turning in, but I don't know how well this will work.

If you ran the app with multi-lap pace notes disabled, each time you record a pace note at the same point on the lap (give or take 50 metres or something), it'll add the pace note to this list. So at a particular point on the track there will be a list of pace notes for the app to choose from (it will play one selected at random). You can also tell the app to play all the pace notes in the set sequentially. This is useful for rally pace notes where you might need a list of instructions.

The list of sounds also works with multi-lap paces notes but you'll need to fart around with the json, maybe run 2 or more separate recording sessions backing up the recording folder between each one and reassembling the list manually.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast