Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pace notes

Ah that makes more sense I'm going to give this a pretty good try - I'm in a Rally league (Assetto Corsa, of all things) where the stages are being generated by the league owner; I may try and record my own pacenotes for a stage or two although I fully expect my attempts to be rubbish :P Currently I'm using a pacenote generator app which is actually pretty good although it uses the default Windows TTS voice which is.... suboptimal

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    I thought it would be a popular feature but, apart from the "ooo that looks nice" initial reactions, not many folks have expressed an interest. Perhaps I need to provide more examples
    I think that's it's the most impressive feature of the software , and I find it incredible being able to do that. It opens a whole world of track learning and teaching as well. But it's something that has to be utilized and build up. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Haha, no, sorry - that would be "magic" . The example above was one I recorded.

The pacenotes feature is a long way from being magic. You use your microphone to record a wav file, the app logs the distanceRoundTrack when the wav file was recorded, then you do the same for the next corner and so on. When in playback mode, the app just plays back those same wav files when you reach the distanceRoundTrack when you recorded each one.

So it's in your voice.

I'm happy to re-record them in my own voice, but this is obviously a manual process

I thought it would be a popular feature but, apart from the "ooo that looks nice" initial reactions, not many folks have expressed an interest. Perhaps I need to provide more examples
    I'm sorry others don't think it's very useful and therefore it's not popular. This is an amazing feature and I'm now sorry to not have gotten back into the habit of using CC every single time I drove. I'm going to have some incredible fun with this, although that does mean hearing my own voice. But a very cool addition indeed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12