Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pace notes

Ah that makes more sense I'm going to give this a pretty good try - I'm in a Rally league (Assetto Corsa, of all things) where the stages are being generated by the league owner; I may try and record my own pacenotes for a stage or two although I fully expect my attempts to be rubbish :P Currently I'm using a pacenote generator app which is actually pretty good although it uses the default Windows TTS voice which is.... suboptimal

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    I thought it would be a popular feature but, apart from the "ooo that looks nice" initial reactions, not many folks have expressed an interest. Perhaps I need to provide more examples
    I think that's it's the most impressive feature of the software , and I find it incredible being able to do that. It opens a whole world of track learning and teaching as well. But it's something that has to be utilized and build up. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Haha, no, sorry - that would be "magic" . The example above was one I recorded.

The pacenotes feature is a long way from being magic. You use your microphone to record a wav file, the app logs the distanceRoundTrack when the wav file was recorded, then you do the same for the next corner and so on. When in playback mode, the app just plays back those same wav files when you reach the distanceRoundTrack when you recorded each one.

So it's in your voice.

I'm happy to re-record them in my own voice, but this is obviously a manual process

I thought it would be a popular feature but, apart from the "ooo that looks nice" initial reactions, not many folks have expressed an interest. Perhaps I need to provide more examples
    I'm sorry others don't think it's very useful and therefore it's not popular. This is an amazing feature and I'm now sorry to not have gotten back into the habit of using CC every single time I drove. I'm going to have some incredible fun with this, although that does mean hearing my own voice. But a very cool addition indeed.

This is an amazing feature, especially when you compare your telemetry with the one of a much fast driver. You can record, for example, where you must brake and what gear use in each corner. An amazing learning tool.

I was just going to ask about this. How do i do that?

Ahhh fantastic!

Really easy to configure and get working. After my initial lap I listened to the Pace notes, the recording volume was a bit low, so I opened them in audacity, normalized, trimmed (excess noise), and Eq'ed. Man... a great feature!!

My only question about this would be, other than to re-record the pace note files, is there a way to "slide" a pace note (one, many, several, all?) Ahead? The first attempt at this, I've put the notes a bit too close to where I need to act. Is the name of the file somehow related to the placement of the note? IF the filename was changed to a lower value, would that cause the pace note to trigger sooner?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    It's a long time since I wrote this, but isn't there a meta data file (probably a .json) in the same folder as the sounds? This will contain the lap distances that each sound triggers at

Yes, I located it. a json file. One of my offending notes.. too close to turn-in, I editied the values from 480 to 380 and it moved it ahead just enough.

Hi Jim,

Great feature! thought of building something similar, but found out it's in CrewChief already. At the moment I'm building a telemetry app for RaceRoom and want to make a small interface for the CrewChief pacenotes functionality. (see screenshot)

I've got two questions, if I may ask:

1) Where do you get the Car Class name from? Do you just copy the last portion of the car name? can't find the class name alone in the r3e shared memory table.
    2) I see each entry in the metadata file can contain more than one .wav file. These seem to be played in random order. Would it be possible to set a parameter in the entry to specify that you want it to be played all at once. For example you can have a set of standard recordings that you can glue together like: "Right 3", "Long".

Best regards,

Maarten

With the interface you would be able to move the entries to the position on the track you want. Add/Manage recordings. At the moment you see yellow dots on the track, these are the recordings in the metadata file.

Name:  screenshot4.jpg
Views: 11591
Size:  93.4 KB
    Last edited by Maarten; 30-11-2019 at 09:53.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    1: Car class name is something i made up to try and create a common car class set across all games. Each Crew Chief car class maps to a car class name (or car model name) in each sim. The mapping is here: https://gitlab.com/mr_belowski/CrewC...ClassData.json

2: that would require a code change but it's simple enough - something like this might work: https://gitlab.com/mr_belowski/CrewC...e-notes-option

So you'd add a "playAllInOrder": true to the metadata for that pace note and it should just iterate the list and queue each sound

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast