Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pace notes

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar

Pace notes

The latest release adds a cool new feature - pace notes. Pace notes can be recorded as you play, using the 'talk to Crew Chief' radio button (in 'hold button' mode). This creates a set of .wav files and a corresponding text file that maps the .wav files to locations on the track (distance-round-lap). Then you can play the pace notes back and each sound file will trigger when you reach the correct location on the track.

You can record them while cruising around, or while watching a replay (replay recording doesn't work in RF1 / RF2 yet).

To record, assign a button to the new "Start / stop recording pace notes" action and ensure you have voice recognition configured in 'hold button' mode (the default). Start the app and start a session (or load a replay). Press the "Start / stop recording pace notes" button. Now when you hold the radio button, the app will record whatever you say and save it as a .wav file. Do this for the whole lap (or do it over multiple laps if you want) and when you're done, press the "Start / stop recording pace notes" again. This will complete the process.

You will then have a new folder in you Documents folder - /Documents/CrewChiefV4/pace_notes/[game-name]/[car-name]/[track-name]/ (e.g. /Documents/CrewChiefV4/pace_notes/pCARS2/F3/Donington GP/).

This contains the wav files and the metadata.json text file.

To play back pace notes, simply start a session with the same game, track and car, and press the "Start / stop playing pace notes" button.

If you want to see how this all sounds and have Raceroom with Macau and a recent WTCC (2014 - 2017) car you can try my sample. You can download this here:
    http://crewchief.isnais.de/ExamplePaceNotes.zip

Unzip this to your Documents folder so it creates the folder structure described above, and start the app. When you drive a WTCC car at Macau, you can press the "Start / stop playing pace notes" button or make a voice command - "start pace notes".

Here's how my first effort sounds:

Excellent addition, the ring and any hill climbs are just waiting for this

Jesus that's impressive....

Aloha!

i did the nordschleife in Assetto Corsa... just corner names now, but early enough at important spots (i think!)

i edited the .json file and took pre recorded audio, after i got the system... i m no programmer, but i will 1. make versions for all layouts of the nordschleife and 2. i'll try to extent this version with more information, brake points, hairpin announcements and slowest/most slippy/full throttle/lift gas/etc... stuff.

but so can anybody else, who has a microphone and knowlage of the track, which i actually dont have! ! i think it all differs a bit, from car to car, from driver to driver, but the corners remain...

in this zip are ALL corner names GP included, but those pace notes are for the ks_nordschleife_nordschleife in your C:\users\USERNAME\Documents\CrewChiefV4\pace_notes \ASSETTO_64BIT\-folder!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucpww0orpu...AC%29.zip?dl=0 <=expired, new download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r78ebqtsva...64BIT.zip?dl=0

would be nice, if somebody who has some nordschleife experience test if everything is in order and give feedback if something needs to be corrected!

have fun!

micha
    Last edited by Scraping Micha; 19-11-2017 at 07:09.

well, was in the mood...

included touristenfahrten (in ac only in training or online)

tried to announce the exit in the touristen-strecke... renamed all files... put some instruction files in for manual editing for racers without micophone (the .json-file is almost self explaining)... corrected some announcement positions..., w.i.p.!

DOWNLOAD
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6z7iedke7...64BIT.zip?dl=0

################################################## ########
    CrewChiefV4-Pace_Notes_Instructor_Micha_Nordschleife_V0.3_for_ ASSETTO_64BIT
    ################################################## ########
    for Assetto Corsa 64Bit!

In win7 just put the "ks_nordschleife_XXX" folder into your

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\CrewChiefV4\pace_notes \ASSETTO_64BIT folder,

get on the track and enable "play back Pace Notes" with the assigned button.

Then all corners and section names will be announced.

have fun!

Code:
    		#  ###
    	       # ##  #     #
    	      #       ### # #
                  #          #  ##
                 #              #
                #               #
               #               #
                #             #
                #            #
                #           #
                 #         #
                  #### #  #
                    #  ###
                   # ##
                   ##
                  ###
    micha

p.s. does somebody know the track and would like to testdrive and give feedback if it all makes sense and if not, what to correct? would be very nice!
    Last edited by Scraping Micha; 20-11-2017 at 20:53.

Awesome . Will take a look in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Bodb View Post
    Jesus that's impressive....
    + 1.
    I'm astounded at how good that is

did a little fine tuning and changed a few wavs.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6z7iedke7...64BIT.zip?dl=0 updated the zip in the post above.

i fiddled the .json for raceroom as well, but the tourist track differs. in r3e 0 is always start/finish, in ac they both fit. is it possible, to put some offset to the metadatas distanceRoundTrack if needed??

this could be handy, because the faster you drive, the later you get the messages.

greets

micha
    Last edited by Scraping Micha; 20-11-2017 at 20:53.

Holy cow that's impressive. As a clarification; you use the microphone to record your own voice reciting the pacenotes, which saves them as a .wav file, and then it reads them in Jim's voice?

That's a pretty amazing piece of kit, if true!

Haha, no, sorry - that would be "magic" . The example above was one I recorded.

The pacenotes feature is a long way from being magic. You use your microphone to record a wav file, the app logs the distanceRoundTrack when the wav file was recorded, then you do the same for the next corner and so on. When in playback mode, the app just plays back those same wav files when you reach the distanceRoundTrack when you recorded each one.

So it's in your voice.

I'm happy to re-record them in my own voice, but this is obviously a manual process

I thought it would be a popular feature but, apart from the "ooo that looks nice" initial reactions, not many folks have expressed an interest. Perhaps I need to provide more examples

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast