Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When trying to set up Talk to Crew Chief I get an error

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Yay

Im having the same problem, I installed everything from the links in the apps help, the x64 runtime for my x64 system and the en-US package. But I still get the error.

12:55:58.835 : Attempting to initialise speech recognition for user specified location en-US
    12:55:58.851 : Unable to initialise speech engine with voice recognition pack for location en-US. Check that SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi and MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi are installed.
    12:55:58.851 : Exception message: No recognizer of the required ID found.
    12:55:58.851 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = False

I already tried uninstalling, reinstalling, with several reboots between that but it doesnt work. In my OS-Settings the runtime and the voice pack is listed in the Apps & Features, so its definetely installed...

EDIT: When I try to uninstall the runtime while crewchief is running it tells me to close CrewChief first, so crew chief is definetly using the runtime...

and you've installed the runtime and language packs from the link in the CC help file?

Have you also tried resetting the app to default settings?

yup did and tried everything already mentioned by bob and resetting and reinstalling and stuff like that.
    Im also not dumb when it comes to computers, as I am a web developer (or something like that) but I simply cant find what the problem is / what the solution would be. cant do anything more than reinstalling 1000x times :/

Do you have any news on this problem?

I tried reinstalling it today but it still doesnt work...

Sorry fella, I honestly have no idea why these components won't work for you

I think i figured out why its failing. I was having the same issue. I was installing the en-US language pack and was getting that same error

12:55:58.835 : Attempting to initialise speech recognition for user specified location en-US
    12:55:58.851 : Unable to initialise speech engine with voice recognition pack for location en-US. Check that SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi and MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi are installed.
    12:55:58.851 : Exception message: No recognizer of the required ID found.
    12:55:58.851 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = False

So I decided to install the en-GB version too and it worked right away. So I think the trick is that you need the en-GB version installed no matter what. the US and GB versions can both be installed. It just doesnt work with only the US version installed. You might want to make that clear in the install instructions.

Hope this helps others!

Hi Guys,

question about language. I have a germin win10, installed th en_GB language pack. But ChrewChief is not able to understand me. I tried to set system default language tu english, which helped a little bit with the problem. Is the application using english voice by default? because when i am trying to set voice recc. to EN it will switch back to german because it is the default system language.

Do i have to create a new config file with german text in it or is there any way around that?

No ideas?

the application will default to 'en' locale for speech recognition only if it fails to set the requested locale. Do you have the console output?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast