Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Customizing Car Classes

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Your JSON is incorrectly formatted. You have a extra { character and a trailing comma that needs to be removed from the oil temp element. Try pasting into jsonlint.com for format checking
    Oh that was sloppy, apologies. Now seems to be working, thank you.

Fred

So... for rFactor 2.. there was an Endurance pack released by S397 that seem to have different specs than that of the URD mods that are already put in CC.. Is there any chance of updating the optimal temps for the new packs? Same with the GT3 pack? I copied and pasted the information like the first post said, to add car temps... but where do I send it to?

Quote Originally Posted by kashif View Post
    So... for rFactor 2.. there was an Endurance pack released by S397 that seem to have different specs than that of the URD mods that are already put in CC.. Is there any chance of updating the optimal temps for the new packs? Same with the GT3 pack? I copied and pasted the information like the first post said, to add car temps... but where do I send it to?
    What you could do is customize temperature ranges to your personal liking. Easiest way to achieve that is by copying:

"Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\carClassData.json"
    to your Documents folder:
    "Documents\CrewChiefV4\carClassData.json"

And customize it there. Everything you need to do is explained in the .json itself and first post of this thread. Good luck!

OK so I am way confused here. I have it all figured out for iRacing except the
    "carClassEnum":
    I do not know what to use for the iRacing Monster energy Series Cars, Xfinity series or the Gander Outdoor Truck Series.
    When I was looking at the data when I was running a practice MENCS Toyota Camry this is what I seen
    21:50:11.416 : Player is using car class 50 (car ID 56)

21:50:11.493 : New driver is using car class 50 (car ID 110)
    21:50:11.507 : Single-Class event:"50" (unmapped)

So I am figuring the Car Class is the Monster Energy Nascar Cup Series 50
    and the (car ID 56) is the Toyota Camry as I drive that now the (car ID 110) is either a Ford Mustang or the Chevy Camaro SS
    I can figure that out easy by looking at the next practice and finding what car matches what car ID

I am trying to fix the Water Temp and Oil Temp warnings as the new limits are much higher I do not see the gauge blink red on the oil until 260-270° F and water is lower but not close enough to worry about when Jim start saying temp to high need to slow down

From what I have been told by other drivers this new ability to run at a much higher temp is something fairly recent.

So I tried this and checked it in the json validator and it says it is fine but in CC I am not sure it is loading properly.

{
    "carClassEnum": "50 ",
    "iracingCarIds": [56],
    "maxSafeWaterTemp": 116,
    "maxSafeOilTemp": 130,
    "timesInHundredths": true,
    "enabledMessageTypes": "ALL",
    "allMembersAreRWD": true
    }
    Last edited by James_e_Vining; 07-08-2019 at 06:18.

Talking

OK so I did the instructions for adding new car class to CC and Attached is the data.
    Now from what I can tell the following Car Ids go to the following Cars.

Player is using car class 50 (car ID 56) Monster Energy Toyota Camry

New driver is using car class 50 (car ID 103) Monster Energy camaro zl1 2018

New driver is using car class 50 (car ID 110) Monster Energy Ford Mustang 2019

This is the Monster Energy Nascar Cup Series (A class both Fixed and Open Setups)

I have to double check if they use same Class and Car Ids for the C License Class NIS, if so will let you know ASAP I would of had info but just thought about that.
    next i will also get the Class B Xfinity Data as well as the Class C Gander Outdoor Series and the RTP series data.

**NIS uses exact same Class and (car ID's) **
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by James_e_Vining; 06-08-2019 at 18:15. Reason: Got updated info on NIS

Wink

Here is the data from a B Class Xfinity Session Attached
    And I run the Xfinity Toyota Camry here so I assume it is this car ID
    Player is using car class 57 (car ID 69)

I hope I am doing this correct and helping you guys I love this App has totally changed my success, much faster on track , much faster in pits etc.

And Finally (For Now) this is the Gander Outdoor and RTP (Road To Pro) truck series info

Player is using car class 71 (car ID 62) Gander Outdoor Toyota Tundra 2015
    New driver is using car class 71 (car ID 111) Gander Outdoor Chevy Silverado 2019

Hope this helps also

i'm going to need some additional info for the car classes you posted.
    maxSafeWaterTemp
    maxSafeOilTemp
    Or are the values from the first post valid for all the cars ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    i'm going to need some additional info for the car classes you posted.
    maxSafeWaterTemp
    maxSafeOilTemp
    Or are the values from the first post valid for all the cars ?
    Ok I will get those for each class ( as they do very some, the first post I actually messed up and the Max safe temps are higher then what I had used)

I Will get this info to you ASAP.

so I was running some testing/ Practice Monday and tuesday and it looks to me that the gauge blinks red warning you that you are max safe level for oil and water at this area on the gauge
    Car class 50 (Monster energy Nascar Cup Series)

126.667° C / 260° F Max Water
    135° C / 275° F Max Oil

(But I am double verifying to be sure)
    Last edited by James_e_Vining; 15-08-2019 at 20:41. Reason: Forgot to mention double verifying temps

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast