Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Customizing Car Classes

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    gt500 is BoP'ed with modern DTMs in some cases but I'd go with GT2 (or GTE - do we have GTE?)
    You are correct, but I've eventually added GT500 class based on DTM, I felt those Japanese GT300/GT500 classes deserve their separate type

Follow up stuff on the GT500, would the brake temp data and the like be useful? I recently downloaded CarStat 2.2 - Turbo from Studio 397 website and data is available (not on all cars though). If so do you want me to do screen dumps like below for the various types of data or tabulate the data and send you a zip file?

Some interesting stuff on fuel mixtures
    Fuel mix 1:1

Fuel Mix 5:5

Hello Goanna,

That's a very good direction. I am actually working right now on building a database of this stuff and using it in CC. I am extracting and parsing rF2 static files. Manual entry of this info will be a bit problematic, because in rF2 rear/front brakes are different, and there are many compounds + upgrades, and again, front and rear compounds are different.

When this tooling will be done, users will be able to run a tool on their favorite mod and send us files for inclusion with CC. I am only doing unencrypted stuff, but encrypted mod owners would be also able to add to DB if they want to.

This feature is a bit more work than I expected, especially due to upgrades, but it is coming!

Vytautas

Hi guys,
    I noticed GT3 class has no brakeType set. Therefore uses default data
    Is it ok?

Now there's a name I haven't seen popping up for a while, G'day MaXyM, I asked if brake type could be shown when a member on Studio 397 released Carstats 2 (see my link 3 posts up) and he said that that info wasn't available from the game. Given that his tool basically read the hdv file then that data is not available, but Vytautas would be able to clarify if that data is exposed to CC or not.

Off topic are you still developing SLS?

Cheers
    Goanna

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I think so - don't GT3 spec cars use iron discs?

I've checked google, and you are right. Before to this I though it must be ceramic. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Goanna View Post
    Given that his tool basically read the hdv file then that data is not available, but Vytautas would be able to clarify if that data is exposed to CC or not.
    the .hdv stuff database that is being built will include only unencrypted stuff. I believe s397 gt3 cars are encrypted, so at least for now they won't have detailed parameters from hdv/tbc/tgm/ini files. This database is actually a temporary solution, let's hope eventually S397 will expose all of that data via internals, and things will become simpler.

I'm trying to set up a car specific setting for the iRacing Skip Barber, to provide a higher oil temperature warning

This is what I have in the json file

{
    "CarClasses": [{
    {
    "carClassEnum": "SKIP_BARBER",
    "iracingCarIds": [1],
    "maxSafeOilTemp": 138,
    },
    ]
    }

And I see this error in the console, what am I doing wrong folks

Error parsing E:\documents\CrewChiefV4\carClassData.json: Invalid property identifier character: {. Path 'CarClasses[0]', line 3, position 2.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Gary

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Your JSON is incorrectly formatted. You have a extra { character and a trailing comma that needs to be removed from the oil temp element. Try pasting into jsonlint.com for format checking

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast