Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Customizing Car Classes

a VRS setup builder /coach just told me the MENCS is
    130°C /266°F water
    140°C/284°F oil

But I will have to physically (in Sim) run the other 2 car classes and record the temp when gauge warns.
    I will get on that in say 30 minutes as I have to deal with a Doctor issue first.

yep look good
    Last edited by James_e_Vining; 16-08-2019 at 02:55.

Quote Originally Posted by James_e_Vining View Post
    And Finally (For Now) this is the Gander Outdoor and RTP (Road To Pro) truck series info

Player is using car class 71 (car ID 62) Gander Outdoor Toyota Tundra 2015
    New driver is using car class 71 (car ID 111) Gander Outdoor Chevy Silverado 2019

Hope this helps also
    "maxSafeWaterTemp": 126.667° C/260° F,
    "maxSafeOilTemp": 132.223°C/270° F
    you could probably go 126 and 132 I just wanted to be exact in case you needed exact.
    Last edited by James_e_Vining; 16-08-2019 at 02:56.

Ok I have a league practice then I will verify the xfinity exact temps for you.

So xfinity is just a bit different on oil temps
    car class 57
    "maxSafeWaterTemp": 126.667° C/260° F,
    "maxSafeOilTemp": 137.778° C/280° F

Feel free to let me know if you need more or if there is a specific Car class you want me to map or gather data for ( If I own it id be happy to help.

Hi all, I’ve been using CC for years and just stumbled across this car class feature.

I play PCars (mainly due to 56 cars at Le Mans), I have played PCars 2 and experienced CC calling out blue flags and info on different classes.

I use the custom grid tool to replicate endurance grids (LMP1, LMP2 & GT3). Now by default CC treats all cars as the same class due to how CGT groups all selected cars into a new custom group.
    My question is can I modify the carClassData.json file to tell CC which cars are in which class?

Any pointers and I will keep reading and tweaking to see if I can find a solution.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I wasn't aware of this tool, so I've just mapped the car class names to different car classes, which is why it's not working for you when they're all collected into a single class.

pCars2 does provide a 'car name' field as well but I don't use this. I'll have a quick look at the car class mapping code to see if i can include an optional pCarsCarNames field. If this is present the app would use this to map the car class instead of the car class name but it would mean that you'd have to collect up each individual car name you're using and put them in the right bit of the JSON

[edit]

i just prototyped the change and it appears to work, so when the next release is published you'll be able to use the car name to override the car classes like this:

{
    "carClassEnum": "GTC",
    "pCarsCarNames": ["KTM X-Bow GT4"],
    },
    {
    "carClassEnum": "GT4",
    "pCarsClassNames": ["GT4"],
    },

In this example the app will see that the car name "KTM X-Bow GT4" is in the GTC class so it'll use this for that car, rather than the car class mapping which would have put it in the GT4 class. The car class name need to be an exact match. I tweaked the log message to help a little here so it'll tell you the car name even if it's not using it to map the class, like this:

Mapped car class from ID:"GT4" to:"GT4", ignoring carName: "KTM X-Bow GT4"

That's great news that it should be possible then! A slight newbie question regarding the car names. Custom grid tool provides names with an underscore format (i.e "aston_martin_vantage_gt3", is this the same format I would need in the JSON file?

If I understand correctly with the new update my entries in the JSON file should look like this for each class;
    {
    "carClassEnum": "LMP1",
    "pCarsCarNames": ["audi_r18_etron", "toyota_ts040_14", "lmp_rwd_p30", "lmp_pm06a"],
    "raceroomClassIds": [1714],
    "pCarsClassNames": ["LMP1"],
    "rf2ClassNames": ["LMP1"],
    "acClassNames": ["ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015", "ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2016", "ks_audi_r18_etron_quattro", "ks_toyota_ts040"],
    "iracingCarIds": [98, 100],
    "brakeType": "Carbon",
    "maxSafeWaterTemp": 105,
    "maxSafeOilTemp": 140,
    "timesInHundredths": true,
    "enabledMessageTypes": "ALL"
    },

The red text being the only line I have to add.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Yes, that's correct (assuming the car names are exactly what the game is sending)

Smile rF2 Multi Class issue...

GAME: rF2
    Mod: Global Endurance Cup (Steam workshop Id 2110884303)

Hello!

I'm using a Mod for rFactor2 (Steam ID above, I can't post links!), which has defined a new set of classes based on the WEC Championship, those being 'LMGTE Am' and 'LMGTE Pro'.

The Crew Chief 'carClassData.json' only has '*GTE*' configured, so both 'LMGTE Am' and 'LMGTE Pro' are considered the same class.

I've tried both adding a new class, via adding an extra class in the My Documents Folder, and by actually editing the 'carClassData.json' file itself, but it appears that Crew Chief can't read these classes defined in the mod...

I believe the mod has configured the extra classes using the 'ClassOverride' value, is this something that Crew Chief can read?
    Is there anything I can do to get it to recognise the different classes?

Apologies if this has been asked before!

TIA !

Quote Originally Posted by R00b_Driver View Post
    GAME: rF2
    Mod: Global Endurance Cup (Steam workshop Id 2110884303)

Hello!

I'm using a Mod for rFactor2 (Steam ID above, I can't post links!), which has defined a new set of classes based on the WEC Championship, those being 'LMGTE Am' and 'LMGTE Pro'.

The Crew Chief 'carClassData.json' only has '*GTE*' configured, so both 'LMGTE Am' and 'LMGTE Pro' are considered the same class.

I've tried both adding a new class, via adding an extra class in the My Documents Folder, and by actually editing the 'carClassData.json' file itself, but it appears that Crew Chief can't read these classes defined in the mod...

I believe the mod has configured the extra classes using the 'ClassOverride' value, is this something that Crew Chief can read?
    Is there anything I can do to get it to recognise the different classes?

Apologies if this has been asked before!

TIA !
    Try this putting this as "Documents\CrewChiefV4\carClassData.json":
    {
    "CarClasses": [
    {
    "carClassEnum": "LMGTE_Am",
    "rf2ClassNames": [ "LMGTE Am" ],
    "enabledMessageTypes": "ALL",
    "allMembersAreRWD": true
    },
    {
    "carClassEnum": "LMGTE_Pro",
    "rf2ClassNames": [ "LMGTE Pro" ],
    "enabledMessageTypes": "ALL",
    "allMembersAreRWD": true
    }
    ]
    }

If it does not help, could you start a session with all classes you care about and send me the CC console output? Also, feel free to ping me on CC or rF2 Discord.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast