Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Command / key-press macros

I would like to sent something up so that I can say "Center Screen" and have CrewChief execute the ";" key press.
    Can that be done?

i am trying to get voice commands working in Assetto Corsa Competizione, if i use the default voice commands they work and when i ask if he can hear me they can but when i add a say sorry macro for ACC the program crashes. can you confirm the Game definition is "ACC"? i have set it up exactly like the others but when i do the voice command it just crashes crew chief. the chief trigger word works and i get the beep for when to speak but like i say i sat the "chat say sorry and bam it closes the program.

This is my macro

"description": "Assetto Corsa Competizione version",
    "gameDefinition": "ACC",
    "actionSequence": [
    "ENTER",
    "{FREE_TEXT}Sorry, my bad",
    "ENTER"
    ],
    "keyPressTime": 50,
    "waitBetweenEachCommand": 100
    i cannot workout why it's crashing, any help greatfully appreciated.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    it's a bit of a bug, i'll update the standard chat macros JSON file for the next release and add a null check. The problem here is that the code now ignores the key presses around the FREE_TEXT keys, and instead looks for macros called "start chat message" and "end chat message" and executes these. Unforunately there's no logging or null check so if they're missing (which they are for AC and ACC) the app will crash. Those responsible have been rounded up and are en-route to the Crew Chief Mega Corp Gulag.

You can fix this by adding
    Code:
            ,{
              "description": "ACC version",
                "ENTER"
              ],
              "keyPressTime": 100,
            }
    to the 'start chat message' commandSets list, and

Code:
            ,{
                "ENTER"
              ],
            }
    to the 'end chat message' commandSets list.

I'm updating the standard saved_command_macros.json file for the next release, which will also include a null change and approriate error message

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    it's a bit of a bug, i'll update the standard chat macros JSON file for the next release and add a null check. The problem here is that the code now ignores the key presses around the FREE_TEXT keys, and instead looks for macros called "start chat message" and "end chat message" and executes these. Unforunately there's no logging or null check so if they're missing (which they are for AC and ACC) the app will crash. Those responsible have been rounded up and are en-route to the Crew Chief Mega Corp Gulag.

You can fix this by adding
    Code:
            ,{
                "ENTER"
              ],
            }
    to the 'start chat message' commandSets list, and

Code:
            ,{
                "ENTER"
              ],
            }
    to the 'end chat message' commandSets list.

I'm updating the standard saved_command_macros.json file for the next release, which will also include a null change and approriate error message
    Thanks for the reply and for putting a fix for it in the next update

Thanks again for Crew Chief and the help

EDIT:
    Thanks again i have added the code and it works great :P

EDIT2: do you by chance know how i can get crew chief (voice command) to flash lights and other commands with say a shift key letter, i have tried a few things?

EDIT3: i have another question, i use the trigger word Chief to get crew chief to listen for voice commands but while in a race tonoight i found the click from my +gear paddle was setting crew chief to listen for a command would you know why? the click is quite loud and the mic for crew chief is close to the paddle (3-4 inch) but it was wierd and annoying through a 30 mins race.
    once again any help appreciated..
    Last edited by Ziltoid Racer; 01-02-2021 at 19:33.

Hopefully this is the correct thread for my question. I'm trying to figure if I can press the 'Start Application' button within CC using the Elgate-Stream Deck as a button-box. I am using CC along with AMS2 and I often forget pressing the 'Start application' button so I am trying to make a command line for the Stream-Deck.
    This is what I was able to achive so far
    ----"C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe" -game AMS2
    This command starts CC with the AMS2 profile...but it does not 'press' the 'Start application' button. Any ideas how this can be done...if possible

Quote Originally Posted by SirJack View Post
    Hopefully this is the correct thread for my question. I'm trying to figure if I can press the 'Start Application' button within CC using the Elgate-Stream Deck as a button-box. I am using CC along with AMS2 and I often forget pressing the 'Start application' button so I am trying to make a command line for the Stream-Deck.
    This is what I was able to achive so far
    ----"C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe" -game AMS2
    This command starts CC with the AMS2 profile...but it does not 'press' the 'Start application' button. Any ideas how this can be done...if possible
    There is a setting in the properties called "Start immediately" this will auto "press" the Start application button when the app it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    There is a setting in the properties called "Start immediately" this will auto "press" the Start application button when the app it started.
    thx a lot....found it!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    - To send a number of multiple presses based on the voice command that triggered the macro, the voice command needs to use a special format with the number range to recognise in curly braces - e.g. "add fuel, {1,150} litres" (recognises "add fuel 0 litres" up to "add fuel 150 litres", in steps of 1). Use "{MULTIPLE,VOICE_TRIGGER}Pit Menu Increase" to press (in this example) Pit Menu Increase the number of times recognised in the voice command.
    mr_belowski... trying to work with the voicetrigger and find a missing feature.
    The voice trigger recognizes the amount you say; can it be implemented to enable that number for chat content?

to enable 'nice pass, nr 456!' chats, or even admin chat actions as '/kick 456' or '/dt 456'

I cant see why it wouldnt work with the logic, as it also enables the correct numbers in 'add fuel'.

Maybe for safety options, add a 'return voicetrigger' and 'confirm' action?

i see this implemented as

say: nice pass, [0-998] --> "Nice pass, four-five-six"

{return voicetrigger} --> four-five-six, confirm
    {confirm} --> yes / confirm
    {send key}: enter
    {free text}: nice pass,
    {voicetrigger}: 456
    {send key}: enter

Curious to know your thoughts on this.

I don't think this will be possible in chat itself as it uses a different method for speech recognition - dictation mode instead of the fixed grammar used to recognise pit commands, macros etc. It may be possible in a command macro code, replacing the "multiple press" bit with number translation and outputting to the chat window; you would then have a macro "Nice pass number {1,999}" or "Slash kick {1,999}".

mr_belowski will be along to correct me shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Smiles View Post
    I don't think this will be possible in chat itself as it uses a different method for speech recognition - dictation mode instead of the fixed grammar used to recognise pit commands, macros etc. It may be possible in a command macro code, replacing the "multiple press" bit with number translation and outputting to the chat window; you would then have a macro "Nice pass number {1,999}" or "Slash kick {1,999}".

mr_belowski will be along to correct me shortly.
    I know it is currently impossible in current macros and would have to be adapted or built.
    Currently the 'VOICE_TRIGGER' variable holds the spoken value translated into integer, but it is tied to the 'MULTIPLE,___'
    As a solution I wouldnt tie it to the chat window, as you then limit the usage; maybe theres a usecase where you can enter that value in another screen with a combination of keypresses; who knows.
    just being able to output the separate 'VOICE_TRIGGER' value into the macro would fix it.

The 'confirm voicetrigger' is a nice-to-have so you dont kick the wrong person when translated wrong, but it also might be useful for the 'multiple press' function so you dont add fifteen liters when you needed fifty.
    Refernce check... do you say 'six five zero' or 'sixhundred-fifty' ... or is both working?
    Would be safe to 'confirm voicetrigger' to be output as "six five zero, confirm" else you still might miss the fifty-fifteen errors.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast