Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Command / key-press macros

Thanks, that's moved me on a bit. The console is now loading macro voice triggers into speech recogniser.

When I say "Chief" wait for the beep then say "say, good pass" the console recognises this

13:42:53.205 : Recognised : chat, say good pass confidence = 0.887

but then goes back to Waiting for trigger word chief. I only have rF2 but loded Race Room into CC and then started rF2 and opened the chat box to see if CC was sending key strokes and all works as it should.

I have just noticed the supported characters. Once I get y head around this can I send "/" to the chat window?

The full list of admins commands are

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...h&id=580727258

and all require /

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    There are 2 ways to send key sequences - define each key press as its own action (like the pit macros do) or send free text, like the chat macros do.

The issue here is that there's no support for the '/' character in the chat macros. I'll add this (release due tonight or tomorrow). Alternatively you can use the long winded approach where each key press is an action. The front slash key is called OEM_2 or DIVIDE

Thanks DIVIDE is working fine. and I am so nearly there

If I want to set myself as admin in need to enter into the chat box for example

/admin Password123abc

I'm trying

"actionSequence": ["Real-time Chat", "DIVIDE", "{FREE_TEXT}admin Password123abc", "ENTER"]

and I'm getting a couple of issues

I can't get the upper case P (I could change the admin password on the server but if there is a way to get upper case that would be great.

The numbers don't display in the chat box.

The result is /admin passwordabc and then enter is pressed.
    Last edited by Scoops; 09-01-2019 at 15:19.

Upper case isn't supported - not sure how I'd do it to be honest. Can't see why numbers would work tho

I can get numbers using NUMPAD2 etc

As Caps Lock toggles on and off can that be used as a key press? "CAPITAL" isn't currently working, is that an option?

I'll have a look at upper case later. Caps lock is unlikely to work

ok, this should work in the release I'm just about to unleash. In {FREE_TEXT} blocks, any capital letters will automatically trigger the left-shift key to be held down while they're being pressed. And the '/' symbol will be interpreted correctly.

Please please please, if you're editing saved_command_macros.json file in your installation folder (C:\Program Files\CrewChiefv4\ or whatever it is) you *must* back it up before updating. If you're editing a copy of the file in Documents\CrewChiefV4\ then it'll all be fine

Thanks Mr B all sorted with this update

Hi,

I need help with binding keys to chat commands. I cant seem to find how to do it properly. Im new to Sim Racing and this excellent program Crew Chief.

I would like to bind key Z to chat message "say sorry" in Raceroom.

How and where do i put it? This is my "Saved_command_macros.json" file. Is this the correct file?

Thanks in advance for you help!

{
    "macros": [
    {
    "name": "say sorry",
    "description": "opens chat, types 'sorry, my bad', presses enter. An action sequence item starting with {FREE_TEXT} tells the app to press each of the following keys in sequence. Numbers, letters, commas and full-stops only are supported.",
    "voiceTriggers": [
    "chat, say sorry"
    ],
    "commandSets": [
    {
    "description": "r3e version",
    "gameDefinition": "RACE_ROOM",
    "actionSequence": [
    "KEY_C",
    "{FREE_TEXT}Sorry, my bad",
    "ENTER"
    ],
    "keyPressTime": 10,
    "waitBetweenEachCommand": 200
    },

]
    },

I'd like to use a 12 position rotary switch to have some crew chief shortcuts at my wheel. The rotary acts as 12 individual buttons that are continously pressed. The idea is that each position has a shortcut, and then I press a simple button to engage that shortcut. If Crewcheif allowed two-button assignments or use of modulator button then this would be simple, but I dont think this is supported? Is there another way?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast