Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customize your crew chief audio

Customize your crew chief audio

Attached is a zip file containing several python scripts that allow you to change the voice that CrewChief uses. It will use the default Microsoft voice on your computer, which is then filtered and smaugged to have a "radio-y" effect. You can do these things:
    Have custom messages for every event in the CrewChief voice library.
    Have your own personalization.
    Have your own set of drivers.

The scripts use two commandline programs--balcon to create the wav files and sox to do the filtering and snooshing. This uses the balcon text to speech engine, so the audio will not sound like a real voice...the intonation and inflection are just not there. But once it game, it's really not that bad.

I created this because I wanted the accent of my homeland and I wanted my own messages. I wanted my crewchief to tell me: "If you run off the track again, you'll be a greeter at WalMart next weekend" and things like that. And I wanted my own set of drivers (I use great authors).

Oh, it was written for Race Factor 2. I should have said that earlier. I'm not sure of the setup for other sims, but all the scripts are editable with a standard text editor so you could change them to your heart's content.

[Edit] Fixed syntax error in attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Hello i want to add my own name fr the crewchief and i want to add my leagues driver names. Everytime i want to try it with this voice build i get errors with python. Can you please help me?

Name:  upload_2017-4-5_10-31-10.jpg
Views: 5012
Size:  17.0 KBName:  upload_2017-4-5_10-31-56.jpg
Views: 5010
Size:  13.4 KBName:  upload_2017-4-5_12-11-22.jpg
Views: 4911
Size:  10.8 KB
    IP

I'm sorry, I can't read the images. They are too small. When I enlarge them so I can see them, they are too fuzzy to read.
    IP

Errors voice build.zip

I have put them in a zip file. Is it possible for you to open it? Otherwise please send ur email and i will email them if you like.
    IP

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Welcome to the CrewChief team BoothJoe
    IP

I will have to check this at home tonight where I run Windows. But from the error messages, the USERNAME variable may be wrong. The USERNAME you need to enter at the top of the .py file is the username on your computer and not your crewchief/Steam/RF2/etc. username. It would be whatever is in c:\users\ . Same username you use to log into your computer.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Welcome to the CrewChief team BoothJoe
    Thanks. I haven't raced in weeks and I saw you put out a new version or two but I haven't kept up with the Python stuff. I bought a CNC machine and that is sucking my life away right now (trying to learn to use it and Fusion360 and gcode and machining terminology).
    IP

It's not the username. I have that one correct. Did you see the pics yet?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by bereklauw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bereklauw View Post
    Yes, I saw them. The third png file has an incorrect line in it because the error reports a problem with \\user and that should be \\users. The other two pngs show it as \\users, which is correct because it's referring to c:\users\username....

This could be an OS thing because it works on W10 at home but not on W7 at work. Of course, I don't have RF2 installed at work so I get other errors. Try this: replace the

with open ('\\users" + USERNAME + "\\Desktop\\My_Crewchief\\CC_drivers.txt','r') as data:
    for line in data:
    process (line)
    with

path = "\\users" + USERNAME + "\\Desktop\\My_Crewchief\\CC_voice.txt"
    with open (path,'r') as data:
    for line in data:
    process (line)

Please note that you need to indent the lines for python. The indents don't show up here but they should be the same as in the code.
    IP

There's an error in the code you need to change. In the new code, change the word CC_voice.txt to CC_drivers.txt.
    IP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast