Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for future versions

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Right, quick update on progress...

I've been adding lots of corner name recordings and data. These are used in 2 places - yellow flag announcements ("Yellow flag in sector2... looks like Bob has gone off in The Dipper") and when you're catching / being held up by another car or are being caught / pressured by another car. In these cases the app makes a best-guess as to which corner your best chance at passing will be (or which corner you need to defend in). To do this the app uses the best corner entry speed over the last few laps along with the best total time to complete that corner. It compares these with your opponent and the corner where you're fastest relative to him will be used in a message like "You're reeling Bob in, the gap is now 3.2 seconds... You're faster than him into Tosa". When you're being pressured or caught it works a similar way with with the corner where you're slowest relative to him - "hold your nerve, don't let him distract you... he's quicker than you through Redgate".

The app uses corner entry speed and total time in corner to try and make a best guess as to which corner it should warn you about (it also prioritises corner which are good overtaking spots) - I'm still refining the rules here.

I've wired all this up and done recordings for corners on Brands Hatch (indy and GP), Hockenheim (GP), Donington (national and GP), Imola, Spa, Bathurst, Redbull ring (GP) and Silverstone (national). So there are many more tracks to add data for
    Holy shit that is amazing. It's alive! Well it's getting more alive. That is crazy freaking cool. Also is it possible to get "Yellow flag, wreck/spin/crash in turn 1/2/3/4/tri oval/" for FCY in oval racing, letting the driver know where the accident is ?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    It might be possible. If the corner names and locations are in the game data the app will be able to call the corner be the incident is in, but at the moment to only calls the first driver name who it considers to be involved. But it's early days for this functionality

Just added another use case for the corner data. So now it calls corner names where there are incidents, corner names where you should attack / defend when battling, and now corner names where you're​ locking up or wheel spinning

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    It might be possible. If the corner names and locations are in the game data the app will be able to call the corner be the incident is in, but at the moment to only calls the first driver name who it considers to be involved. But it's early days for this functionality

Just added another use case for the corner data. So now it calls corner names where there are incidents, corner names where you should attack / defend when battling, and now corner names where you're​ locking up or wheel spinning
    Very awesome. It doesn't even have to be specific to to the driver name. It could just use driver number or just general say "yellow flag, car up against the wall in turn 3". Anywho I patiently await more updates.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Just put a beta build up - http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...&p=605#post605

This does include more yellow flag information about who's involved and where the incident is but it's all a bit untested at the moment and is still restricted to just corners (it knows nothing about cars being up high or down low on the track or whatever)

I've come across a problem while mapping corners in rFactor 2. The Paul Ricard circuit v 1.03 and v 2.0 have several layouts in game but the circuit name reports in the CC window as the same for each of the layouts. Is there another property reported somewhere that would differentiate between the versions? I'll skip it for the time being and map some other tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoops View Post
    I've come across a problem while mapping corners in rFactor 2. The Paul Ricard circuit v 1.03 and v 2.0 have several layouts in game but the circuit name reports in the CC window as the same for each of the layouts. Is there another property reported somewhere that would differentiate between the versions? I'll skip it for the time being and map some other tracks.
    Hello Scoops!

I think the cleanest way will be to extract .gdb, change track name, and repack back, also, notify author of a problem. That is provided .mas is not encrypted. Sure, there are ways of hacking this up (say, depend on track length), but it is a rare case and I don't think it justifies adding feature to CC.

Thank you for your contributions! I've added your mappings to CC, hopefully Jim will record corner names when he gets a chance. Cheers!

I think I'll leave Paul Ricard for a while there are plenty of other tracks that need corners mapping before I need to think about the problem ones. Hopefully that will be the only one with that issue.

I did have a thought about future ideas for CC but not sure how possible it would be.
    While in a practice session could CC keep data or calculate data so that it could give feedback on suggested setup changes?

So if rear brakes are locking before fronts part of the suggestion would be to move the brake bias. If the centre tyre temp was higher on a particular tyre then suggest to reduce pressure in that tyre.If tyre temps suggest it then a camber adjustment. If the car bottoms out then a suggested ride height change? If this is possible then I would suggest only triggering a response when asked as you don't want to be frequently told to make camber changes when you are trying to learn whether the next corner goes left or right!

I'll go back to mapping corners now????

Something which would be a huge game-changer is calling out fuel usage. For example, "you used 4.1 litres that lap" after the spotter calls the laptime. Also, calling how many litres left to one decimal place at the beginning of a lap would be fantastic.

Having the normal Friday night race night and had a slight off on the last lap. I was told by CC it wasn't bad enough to pit which was a pointless comment for the last lap. I got me thinking if there are other messages that wouldn't be appropriate on the last lap and is it worth making the last lap a special instance that stops certain messages or replaces them with alternatives. So rather than a message stating heavy aero damage you'll have to pit how about its the last lap you're going to have to nurse it home?

I often race races where I have full tank or similar and it's hard to remember which lap I was to pit. Especially since I use VR and then I can't see any notes. For example, I have tested and know that softs only last 9 laps and supersofts lasts 6 laps. So it would be very useful to create a pitstop planner in crewchief. Like PITSTOP PLANNER " Plan pitstop at lap 9 and 15" with some easy number picker for laps? Announcement could be what is used today "Pit this lap" or similar. Could this be an idea?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast