Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crew chief isnt working in pcars 2 on pc

my problem is im using simhub for my arduino LED rev lights, and the UDP frequency is set to 8 on that. If i sent it to anything lower than that the data for the rev lights might not be fast enough...anyone running simhub LED rev lights and this without any problems?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Is this on PC? Can you use pCARS2 Shared Memory instead?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Is this on PC? Can you use pCARS2 Shared Memory instead?
    It's for PC, simhub uses pcars1 shared memory

I'm confused - why are you asking about UDP? Can you provide more details please

I'm confused - why are you asking about UDP? Can you provide more details please
    Ok, on simhub the setup in pcars2 asks you to set shared memory to pcars1 the update frequency to 8. For crewchief the instructions are to set to pcars1 and update frequency to 3. I'm on my mobile right now but when I get in the office I'll share the instructions on simhub.

Hope this clarifies a little more

Seems odd that simhub would use UDP. If it's using shared memory in pcars 1 mode then you might as well disable UDP and run crew chief in pcars (64 bit) mode

Also, I think SMS reversed the update rate meaning. In pcars 1 9 was lowest and 1 highest. In pcars2 it's the other way round, so cc should work fine in UDP mode with UDP set to 8

Also, I think SMS reversed the update rate meaning. In pcars 1 9 was lowest and 1 highest. In pcars2 it's the other way round, so cc should work fine in UDP mode with UDP set to 8
    well i must be doing something wrong then. I did this setup for AC and it worked like a champ. But pcars2 is giving me grief. Anyway, here's the suggested setting for SIMHUBName:  HowTo.jpg
Views: 1728
Size:  20.6 KB

I went into to settings, turned off spotter and crewchief, i mean your setup is pretty straightforward so i must be messing something up somewhere.

with PCars set as per SimHub's recommendation, run Crew Chief in PCars 1 shared memory mode (called "PCars (64 bit)") or PCars Network Data mode - *not* pCars2 mode

with PCars set as per SimHub's recommendation, run Crew Chief in PCars 1 shared memory mode (called "PCars (64 bit)") or PCars Network Data mode - *not* pCars2 mode
    thanks, i'll give it a try when i get home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast