Thread: Update Driver Names

Update Driver Names

Is there any need to update the driver names on the Android app anymore?

I have followed the instructions in the document linked on the Play Store, and downloaded the "update_driver_names.zip" files onto my android device, but opening the CrewChief app (2.0.10 Full (build 85)) does not indicate any attempt to unpack/add these names, and clicking on "Show current opponent names" returns a message of "None loaded".

Just wanted to check if this was old functionality and the names can no longer be updated, or if it might be a file name or permissions issue.

thanks

And I think I've found my own answer - actually pressing the "START" button once the app has been opened comes up with a message about driver names being updated. Not sure if that is due to file in my downloads, or the app itself checking for updates, but seems to have loaded a few thousand driver names (and I guess the "show current opponent names" refers to an active event rather than just what is available via the app)

Anyway - thanks for a great app - been using the Lite and PC versions for a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyquin View Post
    And I think I've found my own answer - actually pressing the "START" button once the app has been opened comes up with a message about driver names being updated. Not sure if that is due to file in my downloads, or the app itself checking for updates, but seems to have loaded a few thousand driver names (and I guess the "show current opponent names" refers to an active event rather than just what is available via the app)

Anyway - thanks for a great app - been using the Lite and PC versions for a few years
    Thank you for the detailed description of the solution to this problem - I just registered on the forum in search of an answer

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyquin View Post
    Is there any need to update the driver names on the Android app anymore?

I have followed the instructions in the document linked on the Play Store, and downloaded the "update_driver_names.zip" files onto my android device, but opening the CrewChief app (2.0.10 Full (build 85)) does not indicate any attempt to unpack/add these names, and clicking on "Show current opponent names" returns a message of "None loaded".

Just wanted to check if this was old functionality and the names can no longer be updated, or if it might be a file name or permissions issue.

thanks
    Intresting. Where can i find this .zip file?