Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PCars 2 Support

How do I enable shared memory? Sorry I am struggling.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    from the pcars2 options screen, there's a tile for "external apps" or something like that. Set it to PCars2 Shared Memory

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    from the pcars2 options screen, there's a tile for "external apps" or something like that. Set it to PCars2 Shared Memory
    Mine only has 2 options frequency and the not shared memory option. i can get it working via windows but no sound to my ps4 headset. is that an option? Thanks

PS4? Ah, there's no shared memory there, only UDP. You'll have to stick with PCars1 mode for the time being until SMS finish their UDP update

PS4? Ah, there's no shared memory there, only UDP. You'll have to stick with PCars1 mode for the time being until SMS finish their UDP update
    Thanks

Quick update on PCars2 UDP support...

SMS have made some changes to the UDP format and they have neither documented or (as far as I can see) tested these changes. The changes would have broken the app if it used PCars2 UDP format because of changes in the data layout and new bugs.

The lack of documentation and the instability of the UDP data mean I really can't continue work on adding this until SMS sort out the mess. Sorry guys. This is incredibly frustrating for me and SMS don't seem interested in supporting 3rd party app developers at the moment. Hopefully this will change.

apparently it won't change

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...S-etc-Please-(

<sigh>

Delete
    Last edited by kingtin; 14-12-2017 at 06:45. Reason: Double post

Disappointing communication from Ian...

@mr_belowski I'm unable to get Crew Chief to launch Project Cars 2 (on PC). I can hear you in-game, but cannot get the game started from Crew Chief...

I have a thread here on your forum.

Thanks for any help.

PS4 and XBox versions of PCars2 UDP data output

In case anyone's wondering, Crew Chief works well with PCars2. Currently, the game only supports the old PCars1 data format so the app is already compatible and fully working (subject to the existing limitations in the PCars1 data - things like opponent tyre selection are unavailable).

When SMS finalise and publish their PCars2 data format the app will be enhanced to take full advantage of it.

Note that this applies to the PC app and the Android app - both should work with PCars 2. The PS4 and XBox versions of PCars2 don't have UDP data output at the moment - this is coming in a patch, apparently.
    Can we hope in having the patch soon? Thks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast