Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PCars 2 Support

When we can hope to have the PCars2 UDP support patch for PS4 game? Thks

As far as I know the problem is game's UDP data broken pretty much. So you may want to ask SMS to fix their stuff.

Now I understand. Many thks.

Is the Project Cars 2 protocol still not supported or am I doing something wrong? Works fine with Project Cars 1 protocol. Also I'm a little confused there's no Project Cars 2 UDP option available. I'm using other apps too and they are Project Cars 2 protocol only and I would love to combine them with Crew Chief while racing.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    The pcars 2 UDP data has broken / missing driver names, broken / missing car class names, and lots of other issues. Most of these issues don't affect dashboard apps and stuff but do impact crew chief. They've all been raised with SMS, who alternate between being interested and enthusiastic about fixing them, and completely ignoring them.

They've also introduced breaking changes to the protocol without documenting them or warning anyone. I just can't justify investing time into it when it's like this

Perfectly understandable...so annoying how SMS handles some stuff and their lack of transparency with things. Guys like you make such great tools and it should be in SMS's interest to support developers with at least some adequate documentation.

I might take another look at it over the next few weeks, but the general consensus is that it's still not really useable. I've not investigated it since I got pissed off with the bugs and the pcars forum moderators issuing warnings to me for complaining about it

<sigh>... well that didn't go so well:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...2-UDP-question

Like I said, it's an exercise in frustration and a total waste of time.

To be clear, I'm happy to do a bit of detective work and a bit of working-around issues, but the pCars2 UDP stream presents so many barriers that it goes way past my limits of patience and perseverance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123