Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crew Chief Audio Help

Post Crew Chief Audio Help

I know Cc isn't fully supported in ACC. However up until yesterday afternoon/evening all was working fine. Started CC up again and am now not getting any audio what so ever.
    Checked through all settings and output is to usb headphones.
    Log shows all speech recorded as it should.
    If I plug headphones into 3.5mm jack I get the CC audio but not through usb headphones where I want it.
    So frustrated.
    Please help. Thanks.

Sorry just to add all in game audio and all other audio is working as it should. It's just CC I'm not getting sound from.

Suggestion:
    With USB headphones connected.
    R Click the speaker on the task bar and select "Open Sound Settings"
    Under "Advanced sound options" select "App volume device preferences"
    Change Master Output and input as required.
    Alternately, just change CC in the list.
    Hope this helps.

I think I already have done this and it made no difference. Am I able to upload image(s) do you know then I can show what I've changed?
    Either way of gone into all sound settings as far as I know and it doesn't make a difference.
    Seen something about nAudio in CC. Will that do anything do you know?

There are many potential reasons for windows audio routing to do weird things. The mentality of the automatic switching is really screwed up. MS think they can do everything you want and will always take over when you plug in a device. I hate it.
    Rant over.
    Audio routing in windows is very complex, especially when you want different mics and speakers/headphones doing different things. It is not for the fainthearted. The solution I use and have come to view as my Swiss army knife of audio is Voicemeeter from voicemeeter.com It is a steep learning curve but if you really want to take control of your windows audio you will be hard pressed to find a better solution.
    My system has: USB headset with mic, Reverb G2 with mic, Soundblaster card with line in/desktop mixer and desk speakers, mainboard sound with mic. All these devices are routed by Voicemeeter Potato(A software audio mixing desk). All my devices can be switched anywhere. You can even route to multiple outputs. Equalizers per channel and so much more.
    There are 3 versions. Difference is mostly just more inputs. There is plenty of documentation on their website so I am not offering support but it is worth the effort to learn how to use it. Pricing is very very reasonable.

So appears I have fixed the problem by in ticking nAudio. It now means I can hear Jim but now Jim can not hear me. Not a big problem but would be nice to be given the choice.

Try turning off "Use nAudio for speech recognition" and leave it on for message playback

That is how it is.
    nAudio for playback (ticked) (if not ticked I can't hear CC)
    nAudio for speech recognition (NOT ticked) if it is ticked to be used I get error saying CC V4 has stopped working

I also struggled with getting Jim, to hear me. I went through all the windows voice training many times. Finally it worked on the word "Chief" but also on any other noise. This was no good.
    No matter what I did Hold to talk would not work. In the end I unchecked "Prefer Windows speech recognizer" and Hold to talk works. Jim hears me.
    Using Hold to Talk from a button is a good solution as you can map a button from your controller to two functions. Hold to Talk in CC and Mute Mic in Discord. One button does both in-game.
    Very convenient.
    Here's a new thing. I am an Australian. Jim would not hear me today so in desperation I put on an American accent, wow, what a difference. Must remember to talk like an American. There is no language pack for AU.
    Last edited by Gazmac; 27-02-2021 at 21:02. Reason: extra info

Sorry to piggyback here, but on ACC while game recording on computer and having sound going to computer speakers instead of TV why am I not hearing CC Spotter on playback of recorded video? I have the "Messages Playback Device" and "Background Playback Device" both set to the computers speakers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast