Thread: Speech Recognition only works in a stopped car

Speech Recognition only works in a stopped car

Hi, Loving the app but, still sorting myself out. The speech recognition works pretty well when I am in the pits or, parked somewhere on track DOH! But, not if I am moving. I realize that could be me, though I try very hard to enunciate clearly. I am wondering if it is possible that the system sound is also going to the recognizer and covering my voice? I use only a headset so it can’t be background noise. I am using hold button to talk. Thanks. Tim
    Last edited by Trailbrake; 30-01-2021 at 19:37.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    if the app is picking up the sound of the engine then it'll make the commands harder for it to interpret, but I wouldn't expect it to be 100% not working - maybe just a little less reliable. It sounds like you've got it set up correctly, are you sure you're holding the button down and not releasing it until you've finished talking? It can take some practice. You can get some better clues as to what's going on by enabling the "Write speech recognition debug data" property and restarting the app. With this setting enabled, each voice command the app hears will be written to a .wav file along with some additional info in a similarly named text file. These can be found in Documents\CrewChiefV4\voiceRecognitionDebug\

Thank you for the pointers. I will try and debug tomorrow and post back.