Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Race Finish Sounds

I uninstalled V4 and did a clean install including sounds etc of 4.7.9.1.....So not sure wether to stick with this or go back to last update.

Full qualifier and 5 lap race. In qualifying, I had a few Spotter Laps but nothing saying I was in Pole Position. Nothing saying Qualifying was over, even after entering Pits. At Racestart, No mention of Laps as with last update but rest was OK. Full Yellow was implemented after a crash but kept being told Blue Flag. When Pace Car entered Pits, all OK. On last lap, confusing Oil Temp callouts which made me laugh and wasn't a detriment. At Race Finish, as soon as I crossed the line, Congrats vocal.

I hope this is of some help to you. If you can think of anything that might help that would be great.

Steve

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Well it sounds like we're making progress here but still have some way to go.

I know it's a pain, but as I don't have rf1 the only way I can dig deeper into these issues is with the trace data. An ideal trace would be one that includes practice, qual and race. The sessions only have to be a few minutes long but they all have to be completed (not accelerated time or ended early), and you have to drive in each of them. If you could also give me brief run-down of what happened that would really help (e.g session positions, yellow flags, etc).

The blue flag thing is very odd - the code for this is really simple. If a car is ahead of you in the race, but is 40 metres or less behind you on track, trigger a blue flag. So I can't really guess why it kept triggering.

Were the oil temp callouts on the last lap accurate? I know they're irrelevant because you're almost finished, but do you think the oil temp was actually high?

The oil temps were, high then low on last lap. The blue flag was while I was behind the Pace Car and that could have triggered it as I got closer to it or the cars behind me got closer. I will do another race as you ask and gather the data. Haven't done a practice properly in rfactor so something new. I will have a look tonight and do a proper one tomorrow and post them up for you.

Update

Will do 2 Laps Practice, Full Qualify and 5 Laps Race

Cheers
    Last edited by tmansteve; 01-09-2017 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by tmansteve View Post
    The oil temps were, high then low on last lap. The blue flag was while I was behind the Pace Car and that could have triggered it as I got closer to it or the cars behind me got closer. I will do another race as you ask and gather the data. Haven't done a practice properly in rfactor so something new. I will have a look tonight and do a proper one tomorrow and post them up for you.

Update

Will do 2 Laps Practice, Full Qualify and 5 Laps Race

Cheers
    Blue flag under FCY is a simple bug that's already fixed in rF2, we'll port it to rF1.

BTW, speaking of oil temps I noticed (from the previous trace) that you are using unmapped car clases (basically, it makes CC to pick default temperature ranges). You can map your series to your class or ask us to do it and be able to configure oil temp ranges.

default max safe oil temp is:
    #"maxSafeOilTemp":125
    (celsius)

If you're interested in configuring that here's the info: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ng-Car-Classes it's a bit complicated, and even I don't fully understand how it works but it is a side effect of the need to be flexible for all the possible content

Thanks for the info. I will be looking into that. Thanks for sorting the bug fix for blue flag. This is such an interesting app

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x8v1hcnmh...PLJMywQua?dl=0

OK, did 6 Lap Practice, Full Qualifying, and 5 Lap Race. One thing I have to say is that I noticed in rFactor there is a Finish Session button beside the Next Session button (always used Next Session). So for this test, I used Finish Session, then selected Next Session to move on.

Practice Session Callouts were great. Came into Pits and then selected Finish Session and the callout came End of Practice and Pole Position.

Qualifying Session went well with P1 callouts and good Pit lane traffic callouts. One thing was when a Blue Flag came up on screen, I had no callout (Not sure if there is one) but was told which side it was on. Came into Pits for a repair and while waiting, I was told what Lap time the guy behind had done (No worries with that one). After the end of the session, selected Finish Session again and was congratulated on Pole Position.

Race Session, at beginning, I was told my position and then to get ready etc all ok. During the race, was told that there was a yellow in a sector but no yellow flag on screen, again it didn't detract from race. Callouts were great and at finish, Congrats callout was there as soon as I crossed the line.

I think maybe a lot of it was down to not selecting Finish Session and continuing that way so that the app had an understanding of start and finish etc.

One other thing, rFactor went to black screen twice. During Practice and the during Qualifying.

Hope this all helps Jim and you.
    Last edited by tmansteve; 02-09-2017 at 18:14.

Speaking of game called Blue flag (when you see the icon), I checked yesterday when I was porting rF2 stuff, and I don't think rF1/AMS internals model exposes that, so I doubt we'd be able to fix it.

Thats fine. Blue flag is nothing really. All I hope is that the info I have given is of some help.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    From what I can see, the trace you sent behaves well except for the minor issues we've already talked about. Unless I'm missing something?

I think I have a work around for the 'next session' issue so you can skip with finishing and the app will behave properly. But we need to review it properly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast