Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Race Finish Sounds

Race Finish Sounds

At the finish of a race in rFactor, I have to wait until I am in the pits before I hear anything. The racestart is OK but would like to know if this can be fixed or if this is the way it is?

Sorry to be a pain

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by tmansteve View Post
    At the finish of a race in rFactor, I have to wait until I am in the pits before I hear anything. The racestart is OK but would like to know if this can be fixed or if this is the way it is?

Sorry to be a pain

Cheers

Steve
    Steve, I believe this is known issue, but if you collect a repro trace that will help us to quickly investigate Do a quick race of 5 laps, collect from the very beginning to pits, trace shouldn't be too huge.

OK, will do. Thanks

OK, here's the link. I had a 5 lap race and all was great. At the finish nothing happened until I got to the first corner and hit escape to end the race. After that, I heard Jim saying great race etc. Before that, on a previous race, I did 2 further laps after finish with nothing, like I said before until I was in the Pits. Hope you can shed some light on it. Many thanks. Just remembered, didn't go tot the pits and also might do another later as when I did a qualifier before, I didn't hear anything. Oh well, hope this helps anyway

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x8v1hcnmh...PLJMywQua?dl=0
    Last edited by tmansteve; 31-08-2017 at 16:58.

OK, here are the links. I had a 5 lap race and all was great. At the finish nothing happened until I got to the first corner and hit escape to end the race. After that, I heard Jim saying great race etc. Before that, on a previous race, I did 2 further laps after finish with nothing, like I said before until I was in the Pits. Hope you can shed some light on it. Many thanks. Any probs, ask

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x8v1hcnmh...PLJMywQua?dl=0
    Thanks Steve, I will have a look this weekend or early next week. I do suspect all we'll have to do is to port rFactor 2 session end detection code into rF1/AMS, because I remember I fixed similar issue in rF2.

Thanks, that will be great. Just had another go at the qualifier. Vocals were there but nothing at the end of qualifying. When I started the race Jim announced Pole Position at race start. Not sure if that's any help.

Cheers

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    wow.... sectors in the RF1 data are zero indexed but the mapper is doing something very silly

[edit]

scratch that. The data is actually really quite odd. We'll have to keep digging

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    righty, thanks to Vytautas' most excellent RF2 code and hard work, the fix for this has already been figured out and just needed moving over to the RF1 / AMS code. A beta with this fix is now available - see here: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...full=1#post605

Thanks, that will be great. Just had another go at the qualifier. Vocals were there but nothing at the end of qualifying. When I started the race Jim announced Pole Position at race start. Not sure if that's any help.

Cheers
    Speaking of qualifying, I did not test what happens if time of quali runs out, but if you click "finish session" rFactor 2 does not notify us in any way (and by experience, same will happen in rF1/AMS), so this looks like a limitation of a model, at least for the premature finish case.

Many thanks. Downloaded and will test tomorrow and report back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast