Thread: Difference between Iracing and Rfactor2

Difference between Iracing and Rfactor2

Hi all, I use Crew Chief for a couple of months now for Iracing. Recently bought Rfactor2, then I setup Crew Chief for Rfactor 2.
    It works perfectly but I noticed Chief talks a LOT more in rfactor. On my first lap he was telling me already that my frontleft tire was locking up in a certain corner or that my brakes were heating up.
    I never had that info in Iracing, there it's only basic info about drivers on my left or right.

I like all the extra information, can I have this in Iracing too?

Second question - is it correct that I manually have to select which game I'm playing in Crew Chief when I switch between racing sims or is there a way to let CC automatically choose the correct game when I start Iracing or Rf2?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    different games expose different data. Crew Chief will use whatever data is available to it, but this means that some messages will never play on some games.

There should be at least *some* information in addition to the basic spotter in iRacing.

You have to manually select the correct game in CC if you launch another game. Doing this automatically might be possible but it's a lot of work to implement it in a safe and reliable way

Ah gotcha, too bad Iracing doesn't give as much info as Rfactor2 does then. Yes I do get some more info in Iracing like when I cut a corner, but in Rfactor CC give me info about brake temps and wheels locking up which I don't have in Iracing. Besides usefull info, it just makes everything more realistic.
    And thanks for clearing up I have to manually select the game. Not an issue, I was just wondering if I was overlooking the possibilty to do this automatically

You can automatically select the game (and the profile) from the command line: https://mr_belowski.gitlab.io/CrewCh...eSwitches.html

I did the same, and noticed that rFactor2 takes the "sim" aspect to an entirely new level, and yes, Crew Chief's cache of extra information is a part of that.

What do you think of RF2?

I only drive IndyCars, but I've been really impressed.

I just learned something new. And I'm a CLI guy. Thank you.