Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Personalisation wish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Personalisation wish

Hi,
    Don't know if this is possible to do with rF2 or not, but I thought I'd just throw this out there, what I'd like to hear instead of the "driver behind has just done a xx.x lap" (or anything really that refers to "driver") is the driver's name eg "Goanna has just done a xx.x lap". Now I realise this may not be easy as it sounds....who's in what car and is that name in the personalisation list etc, but I thought I'd ask if it was possible.

Cheers

Goanna
    IP

Hi,
    I need to dig to figure out if Crew Chief supports this, but rFactor 2 implementation includes driver names for all vehicles, so I do not think there's anything rF2 specific to be done.

Did you notice if Crew Chief ever says driver name for the message you mention? I wonder if problem is that driver name is not mapped, for example I did not find your name in my installation. If there's no name mapped, CC won't vocalize it (unless you use option to use tts for unmapped names).
    IP

I haven't heard CC use any names so far, but then again I've only used CC in offline scenarios so far. I thought it would be real handy in our league where we have our usual 15 to 20 drivers racing on Thursday evenings(I'm unable to race till after Easter). The other thing that may be a bit problematical is that we don't enforce real names on the server so people join with their tags on ie I join as FDG-Goanna...dunno if in the suffix and prefix folder you could have FDG-Goanna and the actual vocalisation just saying Goanna.

This raises another question, if all this is possible would we then have to submit a list of names to Mr_B or is this something we could tackle ourselves and release publicly?

Cheers

G
    IP

I moved the thread to a more appropriate section.
    What you would like to achieve is possible, even with no-standard nicknames, but I'll let mr_belowski to point you to his worksheet if he still takes requests
    IP

Hi Guys...how is it possible to enter my First Name as a personalisation in the Crew Chief app???
    It is Thomas?!
    IP

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    The spreadsheet for adding opponent names is here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

For reasons known only to Google it keeps reverting to view-only, but it should always be editable.

I still take requests for opponent driver names and I do get round to them, it just takes a little time - I'm a busy fella at the moment

For first names ('personalisations') I do intend to add more but I need to rethink my approach because the personalisations pack for the 114 names currently supported is already like 3000 individual sound files and weighs in at nearly 100Mb. I'll extend it for a while, but I think I'll have to split it up into A-G, H-O and P-Z or something like that. Anyway, I'll add Thomas with the next batch (Tom is already there)
    IP

Thanks, for the fast answer! Take your time!!!!!! If you take my name in, i´m satisfied!! Thanks
    IP

Added mine and squad mates to spreadsheet. Like Raffa, no rush.

Cheers

G
    IP

Hi mr_belowski

i dont want to annoy you but is it possible to add the names "Timo" and "Silver" for the personalisation list!

Thanks a lot man and i´m looking forward to it!!
    IP

Hi mr_beloswski and partner
    Thank you so much for your job! Very nice.
    1. I added my name on google sheet (it's for AC, I need it for rF2 )
    2. My beer for you...which is the paypal account to send it?
    3. how can hear the name of other drivers?
    Last edited by mmartin; 14-03-2017 at 12:18.
    IP

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast