Thread: Problem Voice recognition - Installation paths Steam

Problem Voice recognition "Chief" - Installation paths Steam

Today I have installed CrewChief and set it up so far. Since I basically want to start CrewChief automatically, I am currently looking for the correct installation paths of my Sims. The paths stored in CC are standard paths referring to Drive C:. I have installed my Sims on D: and adapted them accordingly. But I'm not sure if they are correct or/and if they are recognized by CC. I am missing a CC confirmation when I start my Sims.

Therefore my question, how do I have to adjust the paths for the Sims below in CrewChief, so that CC starts automatically with the corresponding Sim?

I want to use CC for the following Sims for the moment and all are purchased via Steam:

Project Cars 2
    Raceroom
    Automobilista 2

I also activated the voice recognition by calling "Chief". Unfortunately CrewChief remains mute, even if activated "always on". No matter what I ask, no matter which voice command I speak, CrewChief remains mute. Currently I only tried it together with my VR headset HTC Vive Cosmos. The mic is working due to the fact, that I use the mic often to communicate via Teamspeak with colleagues of my race leagues.

When I assign a button to initiate CrewChief by command holding button, then the voice recognition works as expected. due to circumstance that I only have limited buttons available on my rim, I prefer the activation by calling up "chief", that's why your hints would be appreciated to get it working this way.

Would be very grateful for tips and support and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by thydney1970; 24-10-2020 at 20:49.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    CC won't start automatically with a sim. CC can launch a sim for you (this is what the game paths are for) but it won't work the other way around.

For voice recognition issues, see here: https://mr_belowski.gitlab.io/CrewCh...nTraining.html

Trigger word mode requires your mic to be the default sound recording device - in general, SteamVR will switch the default recording device to the HMC's mic when it starts up so ensure SteamVR is running *before* launching CC. The app will print some info to the console (the main scrolling panel) when you make a voice command - if you're in trigger word mode it'll print a message when it thinks it heard the trigger word, along with how confident it is. If it's confidence is below the required threshold (see here: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ull=1#post7997) it will ignore the command.

Perhaps you need to tweak the trigger word confidence level a bit - don't drop it too far or the app will interpret other sounds as the trigger word.

It's also worth going through the full Windows speech recognition training process (using the HMD mic) and switch the app to use Windows speech recognition (enable the Prefer Windows speech recogniser). It might work better (or it might not). Note that the 2 speech recognisers have their own confidence thresholds because they work quite differently

Here is my example of PC2 on a different drive set up to be started by CC

Name:  Screenshot 2020-10-25 121533.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  102.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by thydney1970 View Post

Therefore my question, how do I have to adjust the paths for the Sims below in CrewChief, so that CC starts automatically with the corresponding Sim?
    You can use the program in the link, to start CC automatically, when u start your which ever favorite sim.And also exits CC when u exit your game.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downl...o-start.31500/