Thread: Speech Recognition doesn't work

Question Speech Recognition doesn't work

Hello,

I really like CrewChief app, however I can't make it work to recognize my commands.

Windows Speech Recognition is working well - I can dictate any CC command into WoprdPad and they are recognized and written properly.

However CC doesn't respond to any ...

Looks like there is no connection between Windows RS and CC - commands are not passed to CC.

What can I do?

regards,

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    can you post the log please, from when you first launch the app up to (and including) making a voice command.

Try launching the app, pressing 'start application' then making the voice command "can you hear me?"

Thanks for quick response.

When trying to prepare the log I finally figured out the way to provide voice commands to CC - I need to speak very slowly.

First, "Chief" word then and after about 1 second I can provide a command. It is recognized only when I speak very slow.

Is this normal behaviour?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    using "trigger word" does require a delay between saying "chief" and making the command. The app will beep after it's heard the trigger word and is ready for a command. It's not usually slow - for me I say "chief", pause for half a second or so, then make my command (speaking clearly but at a normal speed)

I tried the windows voice recognition (instead of the microsoft one) and i found that it recognizes always above 0.9xx in the log.

THat is an option in the properties of the game!